Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

login from my samsung smart tv

login from my samsung smart tv

Samsung smart hub. I installed spotify. Try to log in with my usual credentials. Message ... wrong password... appears, even though correct credentials are entered. Any advice
12 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I am going to pop your message over into the propriate section for Smart TVs.

Do you normally log in using your Facebook email address and password? 

If so you might need to set a device password and retrieve your Spotify username by following the steps outlined in this help page.

Peter

Move: Contrib --> Other

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter there is nothing here to help .. for almost a month i have been battling with spotify on my Smart TV. after this week if i dont get it right. i am going back to pandora and ending my subcription. #Ripoff  # rubbish

@Akinpelumi wrote:

Peter there is nothing here to help .. for almost a month i have been battling with spotify on my Smart TV. after this week if i dont get it right. i am going back to pandora and ending my subcription. #Ripoff  # rubbish

What issue are you having exactly? 

Unfortunately since Spotify don't actually develop the applications on partner devices such as Smart TVs support can be a little difficult.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Just to let you know, I finally set up my samsung TV today. After it updated to the latest firmware, I installed and ran the spotify app. I was a little confused at first but eventually logged in with my facebook name and password and everything works!!!

I have to keep logging in to spoify every time I go into the app on my tv and there is not a save password option why is this?

Yes, this is our problem also.  My hubby is not very techie, haha, so everytime we move within the apps on our smart tv we have to log in again.  This should get addressed and fixed.  I am not complaining just giving my imput here.

Yes having to re-log in every time you start the Spotify app is a real deterrent to its use. But I don't think this is the place to get it sorted, Spotify hasn't got much control over what Samsung does with its Smart Hub apps. Perhaps the Samsung forums are the right place for this discussion.

Right, it seems you HAVE to be logged in to your Samsung account for this to work. So:

- create a Samsung user account 

- THEN load the Spotify app and use your Spotify login 

The credentials should then be saved. I've just tried this and it works. 

Note: If you use Facebook for your Spotify login you may need to create a special app password. Got to Facebook, Settings, Security, App Passwords and follow the steps to generate a special Facebook App password to use during your TV login.

Good luck!

This is infuriating. I have a Samsung 4K TV and simply cannot login to Spotify. To preempt some of the likely questions:
- I am already logged into my Samsung account
- No I am not logging in via Facebook
- Yes my user name and password are correct
- I can't uninstall and reinstall the app as it is part of the core set that ships with this TV

Now what? I don't want to revert to a different service but this is very annoying.

Hi,

What a F*** nightmare always login and after many tries.

My laptop don t wave wireless transmition, and i don't like always conect the hdmi cable, but with premium i don t need.

I just create a samsung account with facebook enter i spotify with my facebook credentials and... boom... turn off tv, reconect and spotify load.

Thank you very much my friend.

Best Regards

so

Facebook

Suggested posts