Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

lossless quality maybe?

Solved!

lossless quality maybe?

hello

do Spotify has any intention to release lossless quality, i see on ideas the topic is dated 2017 and i am sure people been calling for this transition even before that.. there is no way if Spotify considered it, it would take this long besides till now the idea status is "good idea" not even under construction or something. if you guys not intending to make the change so we just find outselves another service that offers better quality as right now i cant just pay for two subs here and there, its either here or somewhere else that offer better sound quality coz even when i compare my ripped 320kbps mp3 to the highest quality on spotify prem, the difference is HUGE, my local files are way better although supposedly its the same quality spotify claim to stream.

28 Replies

WhatHifi published an article on no lossless, "where-is-spotify-Hi-Fi-???"...

https://www.whathifi.com/us/features/where-is-spotify-hi-fi-and-do-we-still-want-a-lossless-spotify-...

Yes, my issue exactly. The more I upgrade my audio from my studio monitors, car audio equipment, headphones, etc. the more I'm noticing Spotify's clearly inferior sound quality. I'd pay nearly whatever they needed to charge for ACTUAL Hi-Fidelity streams across the desktop and mobile apps. I don't want to switch, I really don't, but me and lots of others may have to just to keep up.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment. We hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future.

As @Mihail mentioned - you can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to this idea for any updates.

You can also read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Same old response meaning "Spotify does not care about sound quality"

Spotify is going to loose the streaming battle with the others quite soon, if they don't do anything with lossless.

I find it really opportunistic they're not listening to us, the people that helped Spotify build as what it is now. I also know that a lot of tv broadcasting services offer Spotify Premium for free, that's how they got so many members and are not worried about the on and off questions and complaints regarding lossless.

Spotify, you really need to step up your game and start listening to us, the Premium members. Add lossless for a couple of bucks and keep us informed about the progress regarding this, otherwise the guys of Qobuz, Amazon and Tidal will win this battle and you will loose loads of members. Please guys, keep in mind, the no.1 importancy is streaming quality, not a flashy UI.

Update to my lossless audio comment - in October, I tried a 3 month trial of tidal, after 2 weeks, I cancelled my spotify subscription, and will not be looking back unless spotify makes some major changes.  If anyone from spotify reads this, you just lost yet another customer who was willing to spend more for a better service that wouldn't cost you much to implement.  It's time you adapt to the times, or become irrelevant line myspace or vine.

These non-answers make me a little more frustrated every time I see them. It's 2021. You can do it, Spotify.

Best Buy had a phenomenal offer on HiFi Tidal yesterday for $49/year. Renewal is $119/year for Hifi (yes, not the 320kbps Premium). Subscribed to that and cancelling my Spotify subscription today. 16 songs and a couple of albums were missing when I moved over my playlist. But this will eventually work out.

Made a comparison again last night and Spotify's quality is no way close to Tidal. If you have a high resolution system, the difference is obvious. You simply cannot miss that.

Marked as solution

Good news!

Spotify has announced that later this year lossless quality is coming and it will be called Spotify HiFi

Check out my blog post about it

Check out this news article for more information:

Five Things to Know About Spotify HiFi

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts