Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

mirrorlink???? parrot or pioneer

mirrorlink???? parrot or pioneer

i am looking at a pioneer appradio3 or a parrot asteroid tablet for the car.

obviously, the native integration of spotify on the parrot makes that one pretty desirable, but i tend to trust the name pioneer more than parrot. 

the pioneer has mirrorlink.  i have never used mirrorlink.  do you know community members know if spotify works with mirrorlink?  if not, can spotify work at all with pioneer appradio3?

2 Replies

If it supports bluetooth, your mobile device should work with it although neither bluetooth streaming or USB playback using mirrorlink are officially supported by Spotify.

I would avoid the Parrot. I have one and when it works it's great but it goes through SD cards like they're going out of fashion and generally is a nightmare. Slow on startup, slow to respond to commands, and quite often crashes. Since the latest update it's been better but I don't trust it. A very expensive radio in my opinion as that's the only part of it that works 100% of the time. Nothing to do with Spotify though, that works great when it does actually work. I just think there are beter units available. 

Having said that, good luck if you do plump for the Parrot - be prepared to be frustrated 🙂

Suggested posts