mirrorlink???? parrot or pioneer

Highlighted

mirrorlink???? parrot or pioneer

jpcsoccer

i am looking at a pioneer appradio3 or a parrot asteroid tablet for the car.

obviously, the native integration of spotify on the parrot makes that one pretty desirable, but i tend to trust the name pioneer more than parrot. 

the pioneer has mirrorlink.  i have never used mirrorlink.  do you know community members know if spotify works with mirrorlink?  if not, can spotify work at all with pioneer appradio3?

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: mirrorlink???? parrot or pioneer

Joe
Community Legend

If it supports bluetooth, your mobile device should work with it although neither bluetooth streaming or USB playback using mirrorlink are officially supported by Spotify.

Re: mirrorlink???? parrot or pioneer

scott62

I would avoid the Parrot. I have one and when it works it's great but it goes through SD cards like they're going out of fashion and generally is a nightmare. Slow on startup, slow to respond to commands, and quite often crashes. Since the latest update it's been better but I don't trust it. A very expensive radio in my opinion as that's the only part of it that works 100% of the time. Nothing to do with Spotify though, that works great when it does actually work. I just think there are beter units available. 

Having said that, good luck if you do plump for the Parrot - be prepared to be frustrated 🙂

SUGGESTED POSTS