Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

mp3 and zune

Solved!

mp3 and zune

There Is an option for android and ipod... Is there any way to make it compatible with zune, and other mp3 players? I would like to get spotify premium but I don't have either of those...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You would need to purchase and download those tracks outside of Spotify.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

That is referring to Spotify's ability to transfer playlists of local files to your iPod. Those local files, are tracks which are stored on your hard drive independent of Spotify, most likely tracks purchased or downloaded from another source. 

Peter

Peter

View solution in original post

14 Replies

If the device has a wifi / 3g function in it and they would all run a specific OS in them, then sure, it could be possible. Spotify needs a connection to stream music and needs a way to sync offline playlists. The content isn't MP3 or such files that could be plaid with a MP3 player. If you wish this to be thought - nothing is standing in your way of making an Idea regarding it (surely if there is no such idea already).

I don't know anything about other MP3 players, so my vision to the issue is what it is.

And since I don't work for Spotify - this is only my ... 2 cents.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Hi,

I have spotify premium and I would like to transfer my spotify music downloads to my Zune.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

@kmpesyna wrote:

Hi,

I have spotify premium and I would like to transfer my spotify music downloads to my Zune.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Hey 🙂 

If you actually own the files and you have them stored on your computer, then you can transfer them to your Zune in the normal way. It is not possible to transfer tracks from the Spotify catalogue, or any tracks that you have downloaded for offline usage inside Spotify to your Zune device. 

Peter

Peter

How do I "own the Spotfiy files"?

Marked as solution

You would need to purchase and download those tracks outside of Spotify.

Peter

Peter

Ok thank you!

How about with a regular IPod?  Can I transfer my Spotify tracks to it (unlike with a zune?)

Nope.
You can only listen to your spotify tracks on devices which support the Spotify app. At current those devices are the iPod Touch, iPad, iPhone, android, blackberry, windows phone 7 and symbian.

Peter

Peter

Than what does this mean?  I found it on Spotify's website.

When syncing your music from Spotify to your iPod, only music that you have imported into Local Files, will be transferred. You can read more about Local music here.

When syncing your iPod with Spotify for the first time, the following content will be erased from your iPod. The music will be replaced by music from your computer.

• Music
  • Movies
  • TV shows
  • Audiobooks

Please make sure that you don’t have iTunes running before you sync your iPod with Spotify.

To sync your iPod with Spotify:

1. Start Spotify
  2. Connect your iPod to your computer and the iPod will appear under “Devices” in Spotify instantly
  3. Click “Erase your iPod & Sync this iPod with Spotify” to start transferring your files

If you would like to choose which playlists you want to sync to your iPod click “Manually choose playlist to sync” on the device page.

Marked as solution

That is referring to Spotify's ability to transfer playlists of local files to your iPod. Those local files, are tracks which are stored on your hard drive independent of Spotify, most likely tracks purchased or downloaded from another source. 

Peter

Peter

Oh I see.  Alright thanks so much for your help!

No.  If you have premium you can download them to your ipod.

@gdchrllt31 wrote:

No.  If you have premium you can download them to your ipod.

Only an iPod touch 😉 

You can't sync Spotify content to an iPod nano, classic, mini or shuffle since they don't have a supported application. 

Peter

Peter

So if you got the premium then you can save to a zune? It's a Microsoft divis?

Suggested posts