Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music stops on Google Home Mini

Solved!

music stops on Google Home Mini

Hi,

for 1 week i have a problem. When i use spotify on my phone everthing is oke. But when i stream it to my google home mini, its starts to skip servel numbers in the playlist and then play for 10 seconds a song and then it stops. Well it stops music on the google home but not on the phone. When i select next on my phone its starts skipping songs again and play a song for 10 seconds. Every phone that conects with my google home mini have the same problem. When i conect with the chromecast or blue tooth everything works fine. Also other audio streaming software works fine( like soundcloud) I reset my google home mini, unlinked spotify from the google home. I reinstalled spotify on my phone. 

I also had a chat with the google home/nest support. We did al kind of options and finally they say it must be spotify. 

I hope that someone can help me

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Holland

Device

Google home mini and galaxy s9+

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

**bleep**, sometimes things can be so silly.

I am writing this with a red face......

Peter helpt me a little bit with this. You asked me about the firmware. 

I set the google home mini to factory default(with the reset buton on the backside) and now the problem has solved. I really didnt know that the reset button was there. 

So thanks for the help. This topic can be closed.

greets Remco

View solution in original post

37 Replies

Hey @shaggy888 - help's here 🙂

You mentioned that playback stops on the Goolge Home Mini but not on your phone.

Just to confirm, do you mean that the song shows as playing on the Spotify app (ie the dot on the green progress bar is moving) but you're not hearing anything on your GHM device?

In any case, it sounds like there might be an issue with the connection between your phone and your GHM device. With that in mind, could you try resetting your WiFi connection and seeing if that fixes it?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I also try this. And today i did it again. I also had made a new wifi conection. 

But the problem is still there. Indeed, when it stops on my google home the progresbar is still moving. But what i also see is that its stops moving at the end of the song and it doenst go to the next song. 

I also made an temporary new spotify account and attach this to the google home. But the same problem. 

Getting crazy here.....

Hey @shaggy888,

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying all that.

Do you mind making sure your Google Home device has the latest firmware and that you're on the latest version of the Spotify app for your device?

If you're sure you're all up-to-date, we recommend trying out this troubleshooting guide on the Google Home support site.

Keep us posted and let us know how you get on with the above. We'll be here in case you have any further questions.

Hi Peter,

thanks for your reply.

I have checked the firmware. All are up to date.

I also did the troubleshooting guide. But it didnt help.

I have tryed also another kind of things. I have give the google home device an permanent IP adres. Also didnt help.  I have change the channel of the wifi in the router. Also didnt help. Im going to take the google home to a friend at set it to the wifi over there.  To check if something is wrong with the wifi. And the next thning i wil do is to set my account of spotify on another google home, and see if its works.

I will post the result.

Thanks anyway, and i someone has an idea, pleeeaasssseeee tell me.

Marked as solution

**bleep**, sometimes things can be so silly.

I am writing this with a red face......

Peter helpt me a little bit with this. You asked me about the firmware. 

I set the google home mini to factory default(with the reset buton on the backside) and now the problem has solved. I really didnt know that the reset button was there. 

So thanks for the help. This topic can be closed.

greets Remco

Hi I am having the same issue and I tried rebooting and relinking Spotify but it doesn’t help. Is there something I am missing?

Did you use the reset button on the google home on the backside of it.

imalso facing same issue in laptop,mobile,,appis uptodate,, from 3 days im facing this issue

Hi,

Did you also try to do the reaet button? Is it a mini or a home(the big one).

Than you for the solution! This problem has been keeping me up for one week. Now finally settled! 

Mine does the same thing it’s happened a few times to me and I think resetting it is just a bandaid to an overall connection issue.  Sometimes the only thing wrong is a glitchy system and should be addressed.  I don’t want to reset and readd my nest everytime I want to listen to music.  Might be home of a google issue I feel though.

Hey there @gsmith365,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear that you have this issue with your Google Nest Mini. We're happy to help.

Would you mind confirming if you've followed the troubleshooting tests that were provided by @Peter?

Since this occurs on multiple devices - we also suggest that you try to connect the Google Nest Mini with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to make sure that your account is working properly.

Keep us posted. We'll have an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same thing here with Google Nest Mini and Spotify music service. After two or three songs it stops playing and resumes after couple of seconds, maybe a minute. Tried factory reset couple times, different accounts, wifi settings, router reset, etc. The problem continued. Because of this issue I started evaluating Youtube Music and it seems to work fine, didn't have an issue after several days of testing. Thinking to fully switch from Spotify to YT Music. Not quite what I expected from Spotify.

Hi, what i know is that when I stream music from my phone to the google
home, i have to close spotify after. If i leave it open, the music stops.
Lett me know if it works for you

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

@tongaw, we recommend running a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. This can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, we understand that you already tried some troubleshooting steps, but we'd like you to try these steps to see if that makes any difference:

1. Unlink your Google and Spotify accounts.

2. Log out from Spotify and restart your device, as well as the Google speaker.

3. Reset your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds.

4. Log in and link your accounts again by following these steps.

If the issue persists, could you let us know if doing what @remco1975 suggested above does the trick?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks for your reply @CarlosE.

Yesterday I reached out to Google Nest Support and got assistance from them. One of the things they asked me to try is what you suggest. Music played OK for the first 10 minutes, then started lagging again.

Unfortunately what @remco1975 suggests doesn't work for me.

Gastón

Hey @tongaw,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've gone through with Google Nest support? This is to avoid repeating the same steps and to have a better idea of what might be causing this.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I have tried every single thing that I can find as suggestions on multiple Google and Spotify forums. Nothing has fixed the issue and it is infuriating. I am considering moving to YT music or Apple Music as my speakers have become effectively useless with My Spotify account that I’ve had for 10 years. 

If you perform a quick search you can see this has been as issue for a few years with clearly no proper fix. It is really poor. 

What is even more frustrating is the fact that I had no issue for 2-3 months and the. All of a sudden it is happening with no explanation or fix. I changed nothing. 

Please investigate this fully and find and actual fix please. Before you ask, I have tried EVERYTHING!  

This is not a fix. It will happen again, Spotify and Google have no idea how to fix this, afaik this is a issue with some routers and Google Nest.

Suggested posts