Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Solved!

Re: offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

kochy77

Same issue here that happened just today, made sure I downloaded my playlist, went for a run and was able to play only the first song on the playlist. Restarting the watch, coming back and connecting to wifi and redownloading the playlist didn't help. Ended up running without any music, pretty awesome as that was the main reason why I bought them.

wineman01
Regular
Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback. I just spoke with Spotify support via twitter
and I think have a solution. Disconnect the watch's Bluetooth connection to
the phone and repair. Once I did that everything works as it should (for
now at least). Can anyone verify this and report back before I tell Spotify
it's resolved? Thanks.

WhoDat12
Casual Listener

I thought Spotify didn't need to use your phone to download your playlist and play offline, so not sure how that would really fix the issue and especially longterm. I bought my watch because I could download my Spotify Playlist directly from the Internet as advertised. It almost sounds as bad as Samsung telling us to reset our watch to default, which would also do extactly what you're saying.  I don't want to sound negative and I appreciate you sharing, but Samsung and Spotify needs to get on the same page and fix the bugs with their products.

Highlighted

mikeprag
Music Fan

What do you mean by repair? Where would I find that option?

Thanks

Mike

wineman01
Regular
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to re-pair the watch with the phone via
bluetooth

mikeprag
Music Fan

Sorry, still lost...So leave the bluetooth connected and then on the phone, got to the Gear Sport app and ten what? Where is the option on the phone to repair?

Thanks

MP

wineman01
Regular
Disconnect the pairing between the watch and phone and then reconnect it
through Bluetooth.

mikeprag
Music Fan

Ok, so I disconnected and then re-connected. At first, I thought this had worked as I connected my bluetooth headphones and went through a playlist going forward and back and it seemed to not have the problems I'd been seeing. I tried this with and without wireless and it seemed ok.

This morning I went to the gym and got 25 minutes into a run and then it stopped again. Firstly, when you are using a workout and swipe right to get to the song control screen, the controls on this screen do not work. Then I went to the spotify screen instead (no mean task when you're at full pelt on the treadmill) and tried here...Nothing but eventually after stabbing the buttons and play and forward/back, the music came back on and I managed to finish my run.

Then, I went to change playlists and that's when it fell apart. I just could not get another playlist (that I'd obviously downloaded) to play. The player looks stuck on Pause and no matter of button pressing does anything. I tried disconnected and then reconnecting - from my phone - nothing. In the end, I gave up and used spotify off my phone.

There is clearly an issue with the software and integration with Samsung health. I do not consider the disconnect/reconnect a long-term solution. 

Sorry, I'm just losing patience with this.

Mike

onks31
Casual Listener

This didn't work for me for whatever reason. I created a password and everything and now when i try to listen to music i just hear my headphones connecting and disconnecting repeatidly. 

Kennetha
Casual Listener

Same issue here. Disconnects randomly after 4-5 tracks.. 

/K

SUGGESTED POSTS