Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Solved!

offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

I run without my phone, using the Spotify app in offline mode with the Samsung Gear Sport.  The app is nearly useless; although my 200-song playlist is downloaded, it only shows the first 20 or so songs.  It often gets hung up where it stops playing altogether and I can't move forward or back through the list.  I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times and it doesn't help.  Has anyone else had this problem?

104 Replies

Same issue here that happened just today, made sure I downloaded my playlist, went for a run and was able to play only the first song on the playlist. Restarting the watch, coming back and connecting to wifi and redownloading the playlist didn't help. Ended up running without any music, pretty awesome as that was the main reason why I bought them.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the feedback. I just spoke with Spotify support via twitter
and I think have a solution. Disconnect the watch's Bluetooth connection to
the phone and repair. Once I did that everything works as it should (for
now at least). Can anyone verify this and report back before I tell Spotify
it's resolved? Thanks.

I thought Spotify didn't need to use your phone to download your playlist and play offline, so not sure how that would really fix the issue and especially longterm. I bought my watch because I could download my Spotify Playlist directly from the Internet as advertised. It almost sounds as bad as Samsung telling us to reset our watch to default, which would also do extactly what you're saying.  I don't want to sound negative and I appreciate you sharing, but Samsung and Spotify needs to get on the same page and fix the bugs with their products.

What do you mean by repair? Where would I find that option?

Thanks

Mike

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant to re-pair the watch with the phone via
bluetooth

Sorry, still lost...So leave the bluetooth connected and then on the phone, got to the Gear Sport app and ten what? Where is the option on the phone to repair?

Thanks

MP

Disconnect the pairing between the watch and phone and then reconnect it
through Bluetooth.

Ok, so I disconnected and then re-connected. At first, I thought this had worked as I connected my bluetooth headphones and went through a playlist going forward and back and it seemed to not have the problems I'd been seeing. I tried this with and without wireless and it seemed ok.

This morning I went to the gym and got 25 minutes into a run and then it stopped again. Firstly, when you are using a workout and swipe right to get to the song control screen, the controls on this screen do not work. Then I went to the spotify screen instead (no mean task when you're at full pelt on the treadmill) and tried here...Nothing but eventually after stabbing the buttons and play and forward/back, the music came back on and I managed to finish my run.

Then, I went to change playlists and that's when it fell apart. I just could not get another playlist (that I'd obviously downloaded) to play. The player looks stuck on Pause and no matter of button pressing does anything. I tried disconnected and then reconnecting - from my phone - nothing. In the end, I gave up and used spotify off my phone.

There is clearly an issue with the software and integration with Samsung health. I do not consider the disconnect/reconnect a long-term solution. 

Sorry, I'm just losing patience with this.

Mike

This didn't work for me for whatever reason. I created a password and everything and now when i try to listen to music i just hear my headphones connecting and disconnecting repeatidly. 

Same issue here. Disconnects randomly after 4-5 tracks.. 

/K

Please solve this issue!! 

Having the same issue.... Very annoying. Music stops playing when Samsung Health comes on to tell you pace/distance. Sometimes the music comes back on, sometimes it doesnt.

I even cant get logged in . . .Stream on wifi is not working with my spotify premium subscription , i wont even yalk about off line listening.. ..

Hey, have u checked the "other devices password" option in your Spotify configuration area?

Sorry, what do you mean "other devices password"...on the watch or in
spotify?

It does not seem to be an authentication issue....The watch is logged into
spotify fine and works when you have a wifi connection. It is the offline
playlists which do not work properly.

I have same issues with my Watch...

Sowhat I do ist.. everytime i am going to use Spotify offline I delete all the Downloads (settings/offline/delete Downloads) first. Than I am downloading my Playlist again while my Watch is connected to WiFi.

Though Not every Song gets the Green Download Symbol, it works fine offline.

Not Sure if that is how it should be,but it works. Quite annoying..thought everything would Work better, when I bought the Watch.

After all using Spotify offline was the Main reason why i bought the Watch.

It seems somewhat inconsitent for me, today I was able to complete my whole run without any problems with run tracking while listening to my offline playlist. But other days it keeps stopping after songs.

My current hypothises is that if I make sure the watch has no connection to the internet when I start spotify it will work. So make sure its own wifi is off and bluetooth to my phone are off. Perhaps when you start spotify while it has internet connection the app will expect to be able to authenticate because it will assume it will not lose connection.

Just a guess at this point, I will see if this works tomorrow for my run

Just confirming I have done two more runs with no issues, making sure when I start Spotify the watch has no access to the internet. I might try it again at some point with internet to really confirm my theory but for now it's working (Might also be worth mentioning that I turned the voice that updates you with your progress off)

Every time I open the app on my phone to do something timely, like go for a run**bleep** app is refreshing or reloading. I get the charming spotify logo on a black background and those three little dots, illuminating over and over. Translation: "Please wait while we get**bleep** together... or maybe go buy a watch that has apps with better support. Maybe give your money to iTunes instead..."

It's tedious to set up, and tedious to troubleshoot. I'm rethinking my spotify premium account because the app development and support is so underwhelming that it borders on insult. Does Spotify want to provide an excellent, user-friendly listening experience or not? 

having the same issue.. support is useless and careless or actually incapable.. i am definitly going to cancel my membership and switching to other platforms .. this is just ridiculous. looks how old the post is .. shows you how effective their Team is .. 

Suggested posts