offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Solved!

Re: offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

luisteixeira88
Casual Listener

Thanks Mikeprag! This works here.
But i will follow to a definitive solution from Spotify! 
They have to fix this!

e_t-uwcndexnq

Wish I'd seen this thread yesterday - I signed up to premium this week purely to use it with my Gear Sport. On my run today it quit as soon as S health assistant kicked in. Useless.

I'm not willing to **bleep** around with resetting stuff and turning WiFi on and off - I just want the things I pay for to work as they should! Sort it out Spotify, or this new customer is going to become an ex-customer.

Highlighted

mikeprag
Music Fan

Yep, I'm totally with you and it's absolutely ridiculous that no one from Spotify or Samsung has really taken ownership of this but unfortunately, I'm stuck with this device now. I think almost everyone bought this based on the strength of Spotify so you would think that if the major selling point is not working, someone would make it a priority to fix it.

Has anyone got an open ticket with Spotify or had any updates. I'm wondering whether it's now worth highlighting this to someone like https://www.wareable.com/ so it gets a voice outside of this thread.

Mike

ss_gu8ys-gk5i
Casual Listener

Good lord, finally someone has the exact same problem. Is there a working solution yet? I read somewhere that you have to remove your offline devices on the website, then restart everything. I tried that, but the problem remains. I can use the gear app as a remote for the phone, but what's the point? I want to use it as an independent player. 

ss_gu8ys-gk5i
Casual Listener

Thanks a lot for the idea. It seems like the device password was created for just that. However, when I wanted to have the mail with the password sent to me, it said that my email was not... How to say in English? Well, they couldn't send me one, a red box said. I'm logged in via Facebook, so my email is saved and I can't even change it. What can I do? 

ss_gu8ys-gk5i
Casual Listener

Wow man, what a reply. Thanks. I hope this helps many of you. Unfortunately, my problem stays that I can't even download music on the gear. I can only use remote mode. I can't log in using Facebook and spotify says they can't send me device password to use the normal login. This is so frustrating. 

Oliverfutter
Regular

Just to give you all an update. If you refer to my previous lengthy post describing how I got spotify offline working it is still working 100% off the time.

The irritating part is that I need to delete cached music every time.

Before I go gym or run I follow the procedure of:

1) connect watch to wifi

2) load spotify

3) go settings and offline

4) delete cached music

5) go playlists under 'your music'

6) redownload playlists

7) when finished go settings and go offline

8) turn off wifi on watch

It takes 5 mins to redownload a couple of lengthy playlists.

Spotify says cached music gets corrupt when the device puts spotify into power saving which is required otherwise the watch would last less than a day. Hopefully a long term fix is coming but at least it works 100% off time albeit a 5 minute aggravation.

Cacjac6
Casual Listener

I didn't pay samsung and spotify to go thru this every other day. It's not acceptable. Samsung .spotify.get your act together. 

wineman01
Regular

I have had two long Twitter DM threads with Spotify support.  Both times it ended with them basically saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and actually blaming Samsung.  It's a joke

ss_gu8ys-gk5i
Casual Listener

Hey Everyone

I have a solution!! After such a long time, I asked Spotify Support on Facebook. Within minutes, I had an answer and it works for my Gear Sport. I have tested it, I can now listen to music on the go that I have downloaded onto the watch.
What you need to do is this.
You have to reset your password. Www.spotify.com/password-reset?
You enter a new password there. Personally, I registered with my Facebook login. It still works, you change the Spotify Password and you automatically get a numerical username via Mail. Then you can log into Spotify on your watch witch the numerical username and the new password. It's login via Spotify then, obviously, not via Facebook. But it is the same account.

Did that work for you as well?

SUGGESTED POSTS