Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Solved!

offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

I run without my phone, using the Spotify app in offline mode with the Samsung Gear Sport.  The app is nearly useless; although my 200-song playlist is downloaded, it only shows the first 20 or so songs.  It often gets hung up where it stops playing altogether and I can't move forward or back through the list.  I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times and it doesn't help.  Has anyone else had this problem?

104 Replies

@OliverFutter

What do you mean with step 7) ?

You already did on step 3)? 

Can you detail ?

Regards

Jeremy

Yes, good spot.

I omitted a stage to 'go online' before redownloading your playlists

Between steps 4-5

i think you don t have to!

I just did it like your cookingbook and it redownloaded even if offline because wifi on watch is on !

Or i am standing on the pipe ? 🙂

regards

@ Pilliwynx  

In your spotify desktop version, you can click on your profile right on the top. Click on profile/account and after this on setting gatget/device key. Now you can see your personal username, which are numbers. below this a button to send an email for setting the key. Now you have the possibility to set a key. After this you can login with the long number and the key.

This guy typed my exact thoughts. Spotify and Samsung are in fact ripping people off if they don't deliver what we are spending the money for.

The main (if not only) reason for purchasing the Gear was to listen to Spotify in the gym.

I cannot use wifi in the gym because my gym requires me to enter a username and password in a browser (another thing that is not possible on the Gear S3!) to connect to wifi as it is public wifi.

So, I want to at least take advantage of the offline function of Spotify and the Gear. This is not possible as it keeps hanging when pressing the Play button. Deleting the cache and redownloading it all again works but to do this every day? That was certainly not advertised as such!

Spotify and Samsun, please fix this.

Finally got Spotify offline feature to work on the Samsung Gear S3 (without having to delete and re-download music). I think the same applies to Gear Sport:

What I had to do is really go offline - manually. That meant going to Spotify settings and select Offline = On. This tells spotify that my watch is offline and that it should stream music from the cache. Why this does not work automatic (i.e. when I am not connected to wifi or my phone's bluetooth) is beyond me.

Anyways, I'm glad I found a solution and can now use my Gear S3 in the gym as planned in offline mode! 🙂

I still have the same issue! The Spotify app was the only reason I bought a Sport. I was also really excited to see Strava advertised but that's also just a lie. 

I started a topic about this too a while ago. 😞

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Samsung-gear-sport-app-full-of-bugs/m...

As of today 18th October 2018 I'm having the same trouble... spotify please fix this issue

Marked as solution

Yes the same issue is still ongoing. I have found that to make it work I need to

1 clear offline cache

2 redownload playlist,

3 start playing a track from playlist,

4 go offline,

5 disconnect wifi on watch

6 turn off bluetooth on phone

This works 100% off the time but is clearly time consuming and frustrating.

All I have got from Samsung and Spotify is that when the phone connects to the watch by bluetooth or wifi it does a 'maintenance' similar to phone cache clean software which then corrupts the offline music files. Basically they blame each other for it not working effectively.

I'm getting the same issue too. Galaxy watch was working fine with offline playlist until now. Now that I have cleared all cache, and the re-download does not work. Can't always be doing such troubleshooting over and over again.

Don't fix something unless it's broken.

Just a question can you sync your songs to gear if you have a iOS device? 

Hi

Yes I can sync, that works for me.

Regards
Kenneth

I'm having this same, annoying, intermittent issue.

I'll download a playlist, but likely only some of it will download. Sometimes it gets stuck on the last track I played, and will neither play nor move forward. Sometimes it simply refuses to play anything. I've deleted and reinstalled multiple times, re-downloaded playlists and it doesn't seem to help, but have had success so far with @Oliverfutter 's solution.

However, it really is a pain, and forgetting just one step or doing it out of order will mean another reinstall/redownload. It is NOT an acceptable work around. The entire reason I have the watch is to quickly and easily put music on while I run. This is the reason I was willing to pay such a high price for the watch. Samsung and Spotify software engineers: this issue is not resolved, please can you investigate?

This is embarassing.
I bought the samsung gear fit 2 pro just for this feature and it never worked acceptably.
Does anybody know if Garmin implement Sporify better?
I will definitely not repeat the same mistake.

I will never buy any item from Samsung.

They advertise this watch with spotify and they don't care. Somebody will say that this is an topic of spotify. Maybe but Samsung has to take care for the customers. Spotify says Samsung is responsible and Samsung says spotify is responsible. Who is the fool? Gues..  

Sorry for my upset !

Who the f.. marked that as a solution ?

This aint a solution!

This is a workaround for not throwing the watch in the corner!

The problem is still unsolved and Spotify and Samsung doing nothing!

And they will never do something in future time because they already outsale that watch for nearly half of the price!

Samsung is for me dead! Next will be Spotify !

I agree, it's embarassing.
If you read the reviews for the samsung app, it has 1 star, and it's being like that for 2 years.
You know, in 2 years a single software engineers could write that app from scratch multiple times.
They just don't care.

I am using the Gear Sport. I may be doing something wrong, but I have a playlist on my spotify account. I add tracks to it.

I then go to my watch, open Spotify and it says 'This playlist has been updated - sync now?' - I say yes and then it downloads for a few seconds and says complete.

As soon as I leave the house without my phone, only the old tracks are being displayed will play and be displayed.

If I try playing one of the new tracks I added, it just goes back to the first track in the playlist.

I deleted the whole playlist and started a new one, then sync'd it. All ok, but if I add any tracks to the playlist on my spotify account, then try and sync my watch to it, the new added tracks show, but won't play offline! It's driving me mad now.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Suggested posts