Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Solved!

Re: offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Andrebot
Regular

This is NOT the solution. It is a workaround. Spotify should figure this out! CMON!

Chambo100
Casual Listener

This is EXACTLY what is happening with my Gear S3. It drives me totally bonkers when I’m out running to the point I want to smash the thing to pieces! Was totally the reason I bought the thing. It’s so temperamental! Utter tripe.

Chambo100
Casual Listener

So ridiculous though isn’t it! 

degege
Casual Listener

This is not a solution, only an ugly workaround. Plese untag this thread as solved

jah_lah
Casual Listener

Turn on wifi on watch and spotify, start playing downloaded mudic and turn off wifi on watch. It should play dowloaded songs offline. Also keep in mind the manual states that after 1 GB is full of downloaded songs, it starts to overwritten the oldest ones. Total memory on S4 is 4 GB.

noise36
Casual Listener

Insane that years after release this thing (gear s3) cant just play offline music and track a run.

Do you think apple would do somthing like this? Samsung would be driving away customers, should be working with Spotify until resolved.

degege
Casual Listener
I moved to Tidal a few months ago and it works great with my Samsung Galaxy
Watch. They also have a tool to migrate your playlists from Spotify to Tidal

jacktristao

I felt like it was never gonna work again until they released a new version. 

Luckily I tried what people were saying wouldn't work. I uninstalled the app and installed it again. Lost my offline content, of course. But it worked!

There's a plus. The new version is even allowing to use th shuffle! 

It did stress me badly in the morning when I went for a run. But I managed to fix in the afternoon!

SUGGESTED POSTS