Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Solved!

Re: offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

j_h_b
Regular

@OliverFutter

What do you mean with step 7) ?

You already did on step 3)? 

Can you detail ?

Regards

Jeremy

Oliverfutter
Regular

Yes, good spot.

I omitted a stage to 'go online' before redownloading your playlists

Oliverfutter
Regular

Between steps 4-5

j_h_b
Regular

i think you don t have to!

I just did it like your cookingbook and it redownloaded even if offline because wifi on watch is on !

Or i am standing on the pipe ? :-)

regards

eveen

@ Pilliwynx  

In your spotify desktop version, you can click on your profile right on the top. Click on profile/account and after this on setting gatget/device key. Now you can see your personal username, which are numbers. below this a button to send an email for setting the key. Now you have the possibility to set a key. After this you can login with the long number and the key.

JohnKSteb
Casual Listener

This guy typed my exact thoughts. Spotify and Samsung are in fact ripping people off if they don't deliver what we are spending the money for.

Pasci
Casual Listener

The main (if not only) reason for purchasing the Gear was to listen to Spotify in the gym.

I cannot use wifi in the gym because my gym requires me to enter a username and password in a browser (another thing that is not possible on the Gear S3!) to connect to wifi as it is public wifi.

So, I want to at least take advantage of the offline function of Spotify and the Gear. This is not possible as it keeps hanging when pressing the Play button. Deleting the cache and redownloading it all again works but to do this every day? That was certainly not advertised as such!

Spotify and Samsun, please fix this.

Pasci
Casual Listener

Finally got Spotify offline feature to work on the Samsung Gear S3 (without having to delete and re-download music). I think the same applies to Gear Sport:

What I had to do is really go offline - manually. That meant going to Spotify settings and select Offline = On. This tells spotify that my watch is offline and that it should stream music from the cache. Why this does not work automatic (i.e. when I am not connected to wifi or my phone's bluetooth) is beyond me.

Anyways, I'm glad I found a solution and can now use my Gear S3 in the gym as planned in offline mode! :)

flamingspiral
Regular

I still have the same issue! The Spotify app was the only reason I bought a Sport. I was also really excited to see Strava advertised but that's also just a lie. 

I started a topic about this too a while ago. :(

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Samsung-gear-sport-app-full-of-bugs/m...

tsparklover

As of today 18th October 2018 I'm having the same trouble... spotify please fix this issue

SUGGESTED POSTS