offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Solved!

Re: offline not working with Samsung Gear Sport

Regular

Please solve this issue!! 

cmstrawser
Casual Listener

Having the same issue.... Very annoying. Music stops playing when Samsung Health comes on to tell you pace/distance. Sometimes the music comes back on, sometimes it doesnt.

Regular

I even cant get logged in . . .Stream on wifi is not working with my spotify premium subscription , i wont even yalk about off line listening.. ..

Marcelomosquett

Hey, have u checked the "other devices password" option in your Spotify configuration area?

mikeprag
Music Fan
Sorry, what do you mean "other devices password"...on the watch or in
spotify?

It does not seem to be an authentication issue....The watch is logged into
spotify fine and works when you have a wifi connection. It is the offline
playlists which do not work properly.

Julchen_

I have same issues with my Watch...

Sowhat I do ist.. everytime i am going to use Spotify offline I delete all the Downloads (settings/offline/delete Downloads) first. Than I am downloading my Playlist again while my Watch is connected to WiFi.

Though Not every Song gets the Green Download Symbol, it works fine offline.

Not Sure if that is how it should be,but it works. Quite annoying..thought everything would Work better, when I bought the Watch.

After all using Spotify offline was the Main reason why i bought the Watch.

Rupe1
Casual Listener

It seems somewhat inconsitent for me, today I was able to complete my whole run without any problems with run tracking while listening to my offline playlist. But other days it keeps stopping after songs.

My current hypothises is that if I make sure the watch has no connection to the internet when I start spotify it will work. So make sure its own wifi is off and bluetooth to my phone are off. Perhaps when you start spotify while it has internet connection the app will expect to be able to authenticate because it will assume it will not lose connection.

Just a guess at this point, I will see if this works tomorrow for my run

Rupe1
Casual Listener

Just confirming I have done two more runs with no issues, making sure when I start Spotify the watch has no access to the internet. I might try it again at some point with internet to really confirm my theory but for now it's working (Might also be worth mentioning that I turned the voice that updates you with your progress off)

meganandi

Every time I open the app on my phone to do something timely, like go for a run**bleep** app is refreshing or reloading. I get the charming spotify logo on a black background and those three little dots, illuminating over and over. Translation: "Please wait while we get**bleep** together... or maybe go buy a watch that has apps with better support. Maybe give your money to iTunes instead..."

It's tedious to set up, and tedious to troubleshoot. I'm rethinking my spotify premium account because the app development and support is so underwhelming that it borders on insult. Does Spotify want to provide an excellent, user-friendly listening experience or not? 

Ralshinibr

having the same issue.. support is useless and careless or actually incapable.. i am definitly going to cancel my membership and switching to other platforms .. this is just ridiculous. looks how old the post is .. shows you how effective their Team is .. 

SUGGESTED POSTS