Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

onkyo tx-nr525 cannot login...

Solved!

onkyo tx-nr525 cannot login...

Hi,

I just bought an Onkyo TX-NR525 receiver, and have it setup on my network.

But when I try to connect to spotify, then I get the following message:

"Login Error. Please Check your account information. For help with your password visit spotify.com"

I have a paid premium account.

I have triple checked my username/password (not a facebook login, and I can login on other machines with said credentials)

I have tried manual username/password from receiver, and from the websetup menus.

I have tried both WIFI and wired LAN connections (I can connect to the TX-NR525 websetup from PC's on the network)

I have tried turning DHCP on/off, switching the device on/off, setting proxy and removing proxy again...

I have tried logging off spotify on all my different devices.

It seems like nothing works?... and it's getting frustrating.

There's a big "Spotify Inside" sticker on the receiver, but something seems to be not working...

Any ideas how to get it working?

Kind Regards,

zalucius.

(and before I get suggestions to use iPhone/iPad or Android remote apps, it is not an option I have only windows devices)

(btw, how's that windows (+phone) remote streaming coming along???? that would solve all the problems!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Adam, thank you for your reply.

I tried that as well, and it did nothing.

After alot of digging around, on various fora and support sites, I found a known problem with the Onkyo network firmware.

I disabled UPnP on my router, and after a quick restart, everything worked...

The problem was not with spotify, but network related.

Problem is solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there, welcome to the Community.

I know it's basic but can you try simply changing your password? I'd advise avoiding special characters - $*£? - for now. Then try restarting your Onkyo and giving it another go.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Marked as solution

Hi Adam, thank you for your reply.

I tried that as well, and it did nothing.

After alot of digging around, on various fora and support sites, I found a known problem with the Onkyo network firmware.

I disabled UPnP on my router, and after a quick restart, everything worked...

The problem was not with spotify, but network related.

Problem is solved.

I had problems with the new firmeware from 18-12-2014 for my Onkyo TX-NR515, the device was not visible at Spotify Connect. A simple restart of the reciever does not help, you need to plug off the power cord, wait some seconds and plug in again and turn on the reciever. Now everything works as expected 🙂

I've just perchased a the TX-NR636. But can't seem to get it connected with Spotify. Reading your post I seem to have the same issue. Repeated error message with wrong password.

You mention that it's a network problem and you disabled the Upnp of your router. Im not sure hoe to do that. Can anyone point me to how I get to my router settings.

thx

Rudi

Possibly having same issue i've been dealing with past few days & finally fixed: my Apple TimeCapsule was issuing DHCP addresses in the 10.0.0.xxx range. Apparently you need 192.168.xxx.xxx range for the otherwise-automatic port mapping connection-communication to work. I changed that on the TimeCapsule via the pretty awesome AirPort Utility...run it, select TimeCapsule icon, navigate to Edit --> Advanced --> DHCH & NAT --> DHCP Range --> select 192.168 option, Done, reboot Timecapsule. Happiness. 
I'd done everything imaginable configuration- & equipment-wise: swap out units, cables, port mappings, MAC addr, unplug home automation gear (sometimes, rarely, conflicts), IP6, IP4, etc.
That one simple change and viola we're connected, Onkyo TX-N757

Suggested posts