open.spotify.com webplayer stops playing music after 9 seconds

Solved!

open.spotify.com webplayer stops playing music after 9 seconds

tweekzor
Casual Listener

Today the new webplayer open.spotify.com was pushed to me again instead of the old (working) play.spotify.com. After selecting some music I pressed play, but every songs just freezes after playing exactly 9 seconds. The music stops, but the player doesn't show anything, it just pretends it keeps playing. I have to refresh the page to be able to play music again, for 9 seconds only. The browser I use to play music is Google Chrome 58.0.3029.41 beta on Windows 7, without any extensions or add-ons.

spotify dead.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: open.spotify.com webplayer stops playing music after 9 seconds

I found some advice online that said to go to your account, click Sign Out Everywhere, then sign back into the web player. This seems to have resolved the issue for now. 

View solution in original post

21 Replies
Highlighted

DarkGuy1001

I also have this issue at exactly 9 seconds. I am on windows 10 and Chrome 58.0.3029.41 beta just like you.

deadfly
Regular

It doesn't work at all for me in Firefox/Linux 14.04

There's just a message at the top saying 'something went wrong'

...and yes, thee old play.spotify.com was working fine

justbeez

Same issue here, exactly 9 seconds.  Windows 10, Google Chrome 58.0.3029.41 beta-m.

I'm a Web developer, so I'm going to go into a little more detail here. The new player is clearing using the new media playback APIs so it doesn't rely in Flash anymore in modern browsers.  Most segmented media files use 10-second segments, so I'm guessing that's what we're dealing with—it's loading the first media fragment and then failing to load the next one.

It looks like there's a JavaScript error being thrown: "Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a new load request." (a._loadProtectedTrack @ web-player.e7aa634f.js:27)

I tried testing this in Microsoft Edge, but it looks like that browser is still being directed to use play.spotify.com—but actually fails to work there either because of a completely different error.

Seems like the Spotify team needs some better QA processes.

Gothog

i`m have the same issue here.
Chrome  58.0.3029.41 beta (64-bit)

tweekzor
Casual Listener

Thanks for the useful input. :) I am receiving a lot of "net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE" and a "503 (Service unavailable: back-end server is at capacity)" if I check the console when trying to playback music.

Kaefel
Casual Listener

It doesn't work with me at all as well. It just says 'something went wrong'. I feel like moving to another service, this issue is going on for too long.

tweekzor
Casual Listener

You can switch back to the old web player by changing your browsers user agent string. Chrome has multiple extensions that can do this for you. By changing your user agent to

"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1866.237 Safari/537.36"

you can load https://play.spotify.com instead of the terrible https://open.spotify.com again without being redirected.

deadfly
Regular

For anybody else on Linux/Firefox I solved this by upgrading to the latest versions.

robertnik

Desktop player ma ten sam problem.

SUGGESTED POSTS