Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

play counts not updating

Solved!

play counts not updating

derricklongway

for the past week, spotify has not updated ANY play counts.  i've seen it on several artists.  and i did some testing by playing a few tracks a dozen times or so and still no updates.  any idea when this will be fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

fixed

Snozberry
Regular

fixed 

40 Replies
Highlighted

Re: play counts not updating

atom1989
Community Legend

Hello @derricklongway thanks for your post.

I escalated this problem to staff. They will reply as soon as possible.

If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

Pete
Roadie

Hey @derricklongway

Play counts update periodically and not normally instantaneously. We'll definitely pass on your comments to the relevant team regarding the issue you're experiencing however.

atom1989
Community Legend
Play counts just updated!
If my post helped you to fix your problem, please press "Accept as Solution" button.

IPCara
Regular
The play counts for an artist I listen to regularly haven't updated since early April 2015.

IPCara
Regular
I have an album where the play counts haven't changed in over 6 months, and I know I have played songs from the album hundreds of times.

user-removed
Not applicable
I am having the same problem. Two days and the play counts haven't moved. Do I need to flag this with Spotify or will it fix itself in the next few days?

IPCara
Regular
Flag it. Hasn't been fixed since April.

IPCara
Regular
Flag it. Hasn't been fixed since April.

user-removed
Not applicable
Thank you, I will. I'll let you know if I hear back as to what the cause could be.
SUGGESTED POSTS