Announcements

"Billy Talent - The Ex" Volume is much lower than rest of album Billy Talent

Highlighted

"Billy Talent - The Ex" Volume is much lower than rest of album Billy Talent

Casual Listener

Title says all.

It's really ruining my experience at the moment.

It's an issue for both albums (Billy Talent and its 10th Anniversary Edition).

Please fix? 😉

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: "Billy Talent - The Ex" Volume is much lower than rest of album Billy Talent

Spotify Legend

Hey @taktek86,

Thanks for reaching out! We're happy to help.

We've checked this out on our side and the volume seems to be the same. Can you send over the URI's to the playlists to be sure? 

Could you also try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Highlighted

Re: "Billy Talent - The Ex" Volume is much lower than rest of album Billy Talent

Casual Listener

The volume of the "The Ex" is super quiet for me too, its far quieter than every other song on the album. 

Highlighted

Hey there @ZenoxSphere,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We had another listen to Billy Talent's The Ex but still didn't notice any issues with the sound at our end. Just to make sure that were on the same page - did you try out the solutions suggested by @Daisy? If that's the case and the problem persists, leave us a post with the URI of the song and the make, model and OS of your device, as well as your Spotify version and we'll happily look into this further.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Its about time someone else noticed.

Spotify  should have someone listen to the actual song and compare to another song on the album instead of using a software to compare. Maybe the highest and lowest are similar but the entire song sounds out of wack.

Please follow up. I listened to it like 2 weeks ago and it's still ruining my experience.

Highlighted

Hey @taktek86,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We assure you that we've tested the track at our end and everything seemed in order with the sound. We need a bit more info to get to the bottom of this - did you perform a clean reinstall like  @Daisy suggested? It would be really helpful if you could link the URI of the song, you are listening to, just to make sure that it's the same version. Do let us also know the make, model and OS of your device, as well as your Spotify version. As soon as we have the relevant info, we can determine what the best troubleshooting steps are 🙂 

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply!

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have listened to it on both my Windows pc and my Sony Xperia XA2, both running the current version of Spotify, please listen to the song lies and then the ex directly afterwards, you will notice the difference in sounds instantly.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4Z4FErymthnN4ctJdKRgko?si=Oc4EyA45Qm6pkuwlRz_W0Q

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I've also tried it on multiple desktops  as well as the Bluetooth in my car.

Same issue everywhere.

SUGGESTED POSTS