Free/Premium

Country

United States of America

Device

Microsoft Edge browser

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I will be listening to some music fine. After a few songs, an overlay will come up over the entire webplayer. It says "Enable player in your browser." While this overlay is displayed, the songs continue playing. However, there is no access to the web player interface to see which song is playing or to use player controls.

spotify error.png

4 Replies

Hey @dhamijad.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community - we'll be glad to lend you a hand.

Have you tried:

• opening the web player in an incognito window
  • opening the web player in a different browser?

Let us know how it goes! If you're still having problems, we'll be here to help 🙂

I have tried incongnito mode. It did not help.

I cannot use any other browsers, because they default to stereo sound. I have a 7.1 sound system, and when the other browsers go to stereo, the sound is really distorted. Therefore, I have to use Edge. It's the only way to get 7.1 output. The Windows Spotify application also defaults to stero sound, so that did not work either.

The problem has resolved itself for now. I had to quit using Spotify because of these errors. I'll try using it today, and let you know if the issue comes back.

Hey @dhamijad, thanks for letting us know. 

It's also a good idea to enable full functionality on the site settings. Check the settings of Edge to make sure everything looks alright and enabled, and nothing is blocked. 

Also make sure that your browser is up-to-date, and if reset the browser if necessary (there should be an option for that in Edge), but keep in mind that you may lose some data.

Make sure to check out any firewall settings so that Spotify is allowed as well. 

Lastly, try switching network connections and see if that helps. Restart the router.

Let us know if that helps 🙂

Jemi,

I believe I have enabled full functionality. I never disabled any site settings. How can I verify that all the settings are enabled? It works sometimes, so doesn't that mean Edge allows everything already?

My browser is up-to-date. Well, Windows is up-to-date, and since Windows Update will update Edge, I have the latest official release for Edge.

I only use Edge for Spotify, so resetting it is not a problem. I reset it all the time. It does not fix the issue sadly.

I have tried disabling the firewall on my computer and router. That did not help either. I always try that first whenever I have any issues with internet connectivity. I am a very knowledgable computer user, so I have done these basic steps in advance.

My network connection is ethernet. What do you want me to do here? Would you like me to change the cable or something? That's not how ethernet works. It either connects and all 8 pins are good or it doesn't. There isn't any inbetween, especially when I can browse the internet while Spotify is having issues concurrently.

I restart the router every night as routine service. That does not help.

I feel you do not understand the situation though. I have a PC in my office. Its only job is to play Spotify music for me while I work. It has a fresh install of Windows 10 on it with nothing else installed. Windows 10 comes with Edge preinstalled. I open Edge, and go to Spotify.com. I do not know what else I can do to make it easier for your web player to work.

Suggested posts