Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Podcasts popular with friends"

"Podcasts popular with friends"

I see there is a "Podcasts popular with friends" header on my Spotify home page. I do not show my activity to friends on the friend feed (e.g. songs listened to), but I also do not want to show podcast listening to friends either even under that header. Is there a way to opt out of my data being shown on this header if it even is in the first place? If not, that is an idea.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

3 Replies

Hey there @maryy232

Thanks for reaching out - help’s here!

No worries, the Podcasts you're listening to are by default not visible in Friend Activity. The header Podcasts popular with friends indicates the Podcasts trending to be popular among your friends, without showing you which Podcast is being listened by which friend.    

To make sure your activity on Spotify is hidden, go to the Menu in the upper right corner of the desktop app and toggle the option Private Session. You can deselect the Private Session anytime and appear again in the Friend Activity your friends see.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have more questions. 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

how long does a private session last?  I was told it defaults back to public after some time.  Why not just add the option to not show activity?  Serious privacy concerns are making me reconsider subscription.

Hey there @s-uf56_ajtnuk,

Thanks for the post.

A private session would last until you close or log-out of the app on your current device.

There are other users who'd like to have the option to have a permanent private session. You can show your support to that idea here.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts