NEXT STEP

"Public playlists" section stopped updating

Solved!

"Public playlists" section stopped updating

Plan: Premium

Device

(Samsung Galaxy 9, PC / Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

On my user homepage, there's a "recently played artists" section and a "public playlists" section. The "recently played artists" section has been working fine, but the "public playlists" section hasn't updated for months. If I remove a playlist, it disappears corrctly, but if I follow a new public playlist, it's never getting added there anymore. If I create a public playlist myself, then it shows up there fine. The problem seems to be very specific to when I start following a new playlist. Is there anything I can try to make that section show the new playlists I'm following?

obs.: I tried on all platforms: mobile, web and Desktop app. I also tried visualizing it from a friend's phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dd_.

Thanks for getting in touch!

When you follow a public playlist, you'll need to make sure that this playlist is also set to public on your own account. Find out if the playlists that you'd like to have displayed on your profile, are set to public.

Try to do a quick reinstallation if this did not help.

Hope it will work! Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @dd_.

Thanks for getting in touch!

When you follow a public playlist, you'll need to make sure that this playlist is also set to public on your own account. Find out if the playlists that you'd like to have displayed on your profile, are set to public.

Try to do a quick reinstallation if this did not help.

Hope it will work! Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day 🙂

Interesting, before it was set to public on my profile by default when the playlist itself was public. Now if I right click a public playlist, I can make it be public on my account as well. Didn't find a way to make that happen on the mobile app, but I'll be marking it as the accepted solution because it worked on the desktop app. Thank you!

Suggested posts