Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device" - Chromecast

"Sorry, the music stopped since your spotify account is being used on another device" - Chromecast

The text in the topic title is spoken from my chromecast device on large volume each time I switch device from chromecast to another device. I happens only when music is playing, not when the music is stopped. It does not happen when I switch device to chromecase, only from. I has never happen while I was using the Gramofon device. I have not been using my chromecast device from some months, but back then it never occured so it is a new error.

Now, how do I turn off this voice message?

7 Replies

Is anyone from spotify reading this?

NO REALLY: How do we turn off this vocal error?  Hey Spotify employees, why do you even have this forum?  PLEASE FIX THIS.

Hello spotify, are you there?

Hi,

I can help out. Could you give me a bit more info? 

So I noticed. Thanks for clarifying that no one from spotify is reading this forum. I used to post issues in the issues section but there is no "post" button there any longer. Anyhow it was extremely cumbersome to get past the 1st line support there. In the meanwhile, I have actually already started a dialogue directly with their support and they are very "friendly" but I have seen no result so far. I will keep exercise that channel, and abandon this community.

Well, sometimes Spotify`s staff answer questions, I did not say they never read this forum. I think many questions do not need to be answered by the staff because there are quite easy to solve by anyone. I would like more interactions o direct responses by the team, but I think this forum is not so bad. I came here with a technical problem and I found a solution, even I didn't have to post. But of course not all problems can be solved so easily.

Sorry to hear you can't get solution for your problem 😞

Maybe I am too negative, but I find it surprisingly hard to file a simple bug report on spotify, and get it fixed.

Suggested posts