[samsung blu ray bd-f6500] sound is choppy, unlistenable !

Highlighted

[samsung blu ray bd-f6500] sound is choppy, unlistenable !

matjans
Casual Listener

Hi All,

I happen to have a Samsung BD-F6500 blu ray player, installed Spotify on it, happy camper 🙂 !

Or so I thought.

After a few seconds of playback (for each and every song so far) sound quality sucks, playback is choppy (as in: a fraction slower music playback, with tk-tk-tk-tk sounds in between very fast). Sounds like something of a resource overflow, buffering or CPU too busy thing.

Results are identical, both from HDMI to TV, RCA out and spdif out (no, it;s not my system thank you).

Stuff I tried:

- reboot (on-off) --> same 

- cold reboot (unplug power, wait 20 sec, replug, boot) --> same

- reinstall spotify --> still the same

- completely reset the blu ray + apps thing, reinstall spotify --> again, no improvement

Anyone have the same issue/knows how to fix ?

THANKS!

MJ

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [samsung blu ray bd-f6500] sound is choppy, unlistenable !

Joe
Community Legend

Probably best to get in touch with Samsung support but check that you have a solid network connection first. Overall quality won't be as good as on other devices as the Samsung app only streams at 160 kbps.

Re: [samsung blu ray bd-f6500] sound is choppy, unlistenable !

matjans
Casual Listener

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the response, not my network connection though. I get 10megaBYTE+ per second on my Dutch Ziggo connection constantly, so that;s not it.

as in: I can stream multiple netflix HD movies concurrently and in the mean time upload (8 mbit?) multiple concurrent movies via plex. Do note that if I kill everything and try spotify, still no go. It's definitively the app or the player (?).

Anyone else ?

MJ

SUGGESTED POSTS