Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sick of spotify for blackberry

sick of spotify for blackberry

I am so sick of your blackberry app (BB 9000) and start looking for an alternative to spotify, after about one year using your premium service. It obviously doesn't get any better.

- It needs 5-6 minutes to login. When it finally happens,  I already reached my destination.

- After I sync my playlist via wifi, everything is working fine when streaming offline. As soon as I am on my way and start spotify the recently synchronized  tracks are not available in offline modus anymore, I can just stream them. I just have 200mb per month, so this is no alternative.

All I can do, is just reset the entire playlist and redownload it (700mb) , sometime I have to reinstall the app. I don't have time and nerves for that anymore.

I know Blackberry is not so cool anymore and developers are not so motivated creating apps for these devices. But then pls don't charge me $10/m for something that doesn't work.

1 Reply

Hey 🙂 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the BlackBerry client, as a BlackBerry user myself I can symphathise! Unfortunately, with BB OS 7 devices now being "legacy" and no application for BB10 the future of Spotify on BlackBerry appears to be unknown. To be honest, I am not expecting anymore updates to the BlackBerry client.

Have you tried synching the content you want offline, and then forcing the application into offline mode in the Setting menu? I have found that is the best way to keep content on the device and prevent long login times. I actually haven't had any unsynching issues lately after my last device reset which I got Spotify to do for me. If you want to give that a go, you can drop a post on this topic and they will reset your offline devices for you but be aware it will remove all offline content on all of your devices. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts