Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify connect not working with Pioneer SC-2024

Solved!

spotify connect not working with Pioneer SC-2024

Hi,

Spotify (on Ipad or iPhone) doesn't want to connect to my Pioneer SC-2024. When pressing the connect icon, the Pioneer is not shown in the list.

- They are both on the same network.

- The SC-2024 has the latest available firmware.

- Spotify app is the latest version.

- The SC-2024 is accessable via Pioneer app or IP address, so ethernet connecion is ok

- I have an active spotify premium account

Any help is welcome.

Greetings,

Jeroen 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

People have posted here with the same problem before.

The app cannot see the receiver because there might be something wrong with the connection.

It seems to be a common issue with receivers.

What fixed this for most people was to reset the receiver by unplugging it for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Found the problem. The problem was my router which incorrectly handled the IGMP. After firmware update my TP-link Archer V1 to version 14.12.04 the SC-2024 was visible on Spotify.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

People have posted here with the same problem before.

The app cannot see the receiver because there might be something wrong with the connection.

It seems to be a common issue with receivers.

What fixed this for most people was to reset the receiver by unplugging it for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Found the problem. The problem was my router which incorrectly handled the IGMP. After firmware update my TP-link Archer V1 to version 14.12.04 the SC-2024 was visible on Spotify.

Hi Jeroen,

I am having quite the same problem but no solution yet. I am living in Netherlands and whenever I try to connect spotify withe AV 2024 via the controller app it says: Spotify cannot be used in countries, where spotify is not available. However, I use Spotif y as a premium account and had no problems so far. Furthermore, I cant connect my iphone 6 withe the receiver although it is detected as by the iphone as a new device in the list. Any ideas??

Thanks a lot

django

Hi django,

The message you noticed is normal. I have the same message appearing. It is just to say that you should open the Spotify app. The controller app is just to control the device, not Spotify itself. Of what I can read from your message it is not clear to me if you are seeing the SC-2024 in the connectlst on your iphone or not.

The problem I had was that the SC-2024 was not visible in the connectlist because of an IGMP problem.

hi jeroen,

thanks for getting back to me. i proceeded to the spotify app but then the receiver doesnt show in spotify connect. i hva e a tele 2 dv20-20 router. is there anything wrong with the router settings?

cheers django

Hi django,

Your modem is a davolink dv-2020 with special firmware of tele2 (that is what google told me). Other people are having the same issues with other devices than the Pioneer. The issue is that IGMP may not be correctly enabled or handled by the modem, but since there is special firmware inside you can't change/check it.

Maybe contact tele2 and ask them if IGMP is enabled in your router...Another solution is to use their modem only and connect your own router (I have a TP-link Archer C7) to it, then you have full control...(that is what I did on my belgian telenet modem)...

If you google you will find many connection problems and they all refer to router problems!

Thanks a lot! Had the same problem and was able to fix it with a new firmware.

My Pioneer SC 1323 was doing the same thing, i.e., Spotify connect on both my phone and PC was not recognizing it. Checked all the connections and network settings and modem issues and they were all OK and then unplugged the receiver for 5 minutes as suggested and plugged back in and VOILA!   Thanks

Suggested posts