Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify connect still resampling to 48kHz on CC1 on newest firmware 1.20.66189

spotify connect still resampling to 48kHz on CC1 on newest firmware 1.20.66189

Hi there,

Nice greetings from Austria/Vienna

I.

…after upgrading to fw. 1.20.66189 on my US chromecast version 1, Spotify premium (connect) on the chromecast 1 stick is still resampling audio from 44,1 kHz to 48kHz on HDMI.

To be sure I even did a factory reset and tried again- but my AV receiver (ONKY TX-NR609 with latest fw) still is showing PCM 2.0 48kHz as input format from the chromecast stick while playing Spotify audio.[pressing the “info button”]

Is this still an issue of the chromecast base firmware or the “Spotify Connect” implementation?

Please fix this asap- the only reason to pay for “premium” is to have bit perfect audio quality.

II.

Inside of the Spotify app I selected “extreme quality” for streaming-but when you select the chromecast as streaming device –these settings are grayed out. Does this mean Spotify on chromecast is not using the max streaming quality (320Kbit/s) while it is running from the stick?.

Summary:

1.please make sure there is no resampling when using Spotify premium (connect) on CC1

2.please make sure the chromecast is also streaming with the “extreme” setting-which means 320kBit resolution from the Spotify servers.

Thanks a lot,

Klaus (Premium Family Member)

Specs:

Chromecast gen 1 firmware: 1.20.66189

Spotify ver 5.8.0.1029 armV7 (NEXUS 5) [newest android patch level]

0 Replies

Suggested posts