Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify instagram story share ui changed.

spotify instagram story share ui changed.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 7

My Question or Issue

This article was written using a translator, so there may be errors in translation. I am using Spotify's Instagram story sharing well. The problem is that the UI that you see when you press the share button has changed since last week. The song "7 minutes" is a post-change UI.
For songs with long titles, the title is not displayed normally and is truncated. Both Instagram and Spotify are the latest versions and are using paid services. Both versions of 8.6.4.971 and 8.6.2.774 have the same phenomenon. I wonder the cause of the problem and the solution. 

image.png
image.png
5 Replies

Hey @Wjsalsdn

Help’s here!

Could you confirm if it still looks like this after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Samsung device? We recommend this step for removing corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing the issue. Follow the steps described here on how you can perform a clean reinstall. 

Tip: We recommend reinstalling your Instagram app as well. 

In case this persists after a clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

I reinstalled Instagram and Spotify with the method you suggested, but it's still the same.
You have not installed a security program, and you have granted full permissions. I found out that the same phenomenon was found between one Samsung device and one LG device other than the one used as the main.
Is there a problem with the account?

I didn't install the security program, and I allowed all the rights.

my translator error 😞

Hi again @Wjsalsdn,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

At Spotify, we’re often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a new feature to try temporarily. Instagram might do this as well, and this new UI might be one of those tests.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback - we'll make sure to pass it on to the right folks.

If you have any questions or need a hand with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The old design was much better. This new format has huge letters, the song title and name of the artists appear incomplete and the album cover completely lose the highlight. =/

Suggested posts