Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify installation has made my internet work very slowly

Solved!

spotify installation has made my internet work very slowly

My wife bought me a Spotify Premium membership for my birthday and installed it on my laptop. Since then unfortunately the internet (through both Chrome and Edge) has been grindingly slow and things that used to be fine like looking at youtube are all jerky and then freeze. Any ideas what I can do other than uninstalling spotify? Is there something she should have ticked or whatever to make spotify not interfere so much? I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @PMDouch,

Welcome to Spotify Community : )

First, I hardly doubt that Spotify is causing your internet issues since the data usage is super low.

If you still believe that Spotify is the source of the issue you can download all your music to the hard disk and set Spotify offline, so the client is no longer using your internet connection. Here is how to do so:

• Click on the playlist you want to save.
  • Toggle Available Offline to green at the top of the playlist. While tracks are downloading, a circling arrow symbol will display next to them. 
    Note: You can only download playlists that you follow, or have created yourself.   
  • You can see download progress in the left-hand column. The circling arrow symbol () will also display next to playlist titles.
  • The green arrow () means it’s finished downloading.
  • To start listening to your music without the internet, click File in the Menu Bar, and select Offline Mode

Let me know how it goes  : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @PMDouch,

Welcome to Spotify Community : )

First, I hardly doubt that Spotify is causing your internet issues since the data usage is super low.

If you still believe that Spotify is the source of the issue you can download all your music to the hard disk and set Spotify offline, so the client is no longer using your internet connection. Here is how to do so:

• Click on the playlist you want to save.
  • Toggle Available Offline to green at the top of the playlist. While tracks are downloading, a circling arrow symbol will display next to them. 
    Note: You can only download playlists that you follow, or have created yourself.   
  • You can see download progress in the left-hand column. The circling arrow symbol () will also display next to playlist titles.
  • The green arrow () means it’s finished downloading.
  • To start listening to your music without the internet, click File in the Menu Bar, and select Offline Mode

Let me know how it goes  : )

Suggested posts