Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify web player not displaying homepage

Solved!

spotify web player not displaying homepage

Plan

Free

Country

Malta

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have an issue which has started as of yesterday. I use spotify web player on Google Chrome, when I access open.spotify.com I do not see the home page instead I get an error like the one attached below. I have tried signing off everywhere and logging back in but the issue persisted. I also tried the player on another browser (Microsoft Edge) to see if the issue persists and it did. I truly do not know what to do so I came here maybe some of you have a solution to this problem. Thankfully, the music still works the problem is only present with the main page but it's still annoying bc I love to use it to listen to tracks I listen to often.

Thank you in advance 🙂

170973120_1231769517279030_295260398966062599_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try from an incognito/private window to see if the issue persist?

Another useful step to do is to try with another internet connection.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if you get the same experience from the desktop app?

When it comes to that the music stops after 9 seconds, there's currently an ongoing issue about this. Leave the information that's being asked for in the statues and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I'm having the same issue. Home page not loading. Web player, chrome, on mac. Also getting playback randomly stopping in the background. Tried clearing cache, cookies etc, but problem continues. On android it's working fine. Just the browser based player is having issues atm. It started about a week ago.

yes same here I thought I had solved that issue by removing the cookies and logging out but it still persisted, apart from not displaying the homepage, the track stops at 9 seconds and the player shows it as if it is still playing. The only way for the track to work is if i refresh the page. I use Spotify's android app as well upon reinstall it works fine atm bc before the tracks kept pausing at random. tbh the web player has become despicable. 😞

Marked as solution

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try from an incognito/private window to see if the issue persist?

Another useful step to do is to try with another internet connection.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if you get the same experience from the desktop app?

When it comes to that the music stops after 9 seconds, there's currently an ongoing issue about this. Leave the information that's being asked for in the statues and leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts