Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

symbian touch spotify app cannot connecting to internet help!?

symbian touch spotify app cannot connecting to internet help!?

I have a nokia E7 that uses the spotify symbian touch. It was working like a week ago. However, the app now has trouble connecting to the internet or 4G network. It connects for a split second and then immediately returns offline. I tried reinstalling and restarting the phone, but those didn't work. HHELLP i need my music pls. Much Thanks

6 Replies

I have a Nokia N8 with same problem. Worked perfect before

Hi!

Same here: I have Nokia E7 and Nokia 808 PureView and cannot connect online with my Spotify Premium account. Why is that?

Br,

Risto

have a Nokia N8 with same problem.and now it does not allow me to enter by putting my username and password.my service is premium and user is spotifydavid28 please help me! I go tomorrow traveling and need works the app

This problem has been discussed previusly here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partners-Windows/Is-anyone-using-Spotify-on-Symbian-Logi...

So, they are saying that:
"We no longer officially support Symbian devices as a platform for Spotify.

Please note there will not be any further updates for this app."

😞

So please, go and add kudos for "Update Symbian application"-request, and maybe they will do something about this @Spotify !
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Symbian-Update-Symbian-application/idi-p/1256535

Same problem here with Nokia 808 (Belle FP2 113.010.1507). Strangely enough, after that split second online it synced a few songs on my offline playlist all the while the app said it was offline and trying to connect.

Edit: Just saw the above reply. What a bummer. Hope they re-think their position on this.

Despite the ages old app, the way the symbian app worked just a few weeks ago was OK for me. I used my N8 as a dedicated spotify player with headphones, bluetooth speaker, and with my car stereo.

But since December 2015 I am not able to connect to the service. I know the service may have been updated and the symbian app is no longer able to communicate with it, but it's a shame. They should have made it back-compatilble with old clients... I am very dissapointed.

Suggested posts