Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

wake up happy issues

Solved!

wake up happy issues

I got a android phone, samsung s20 ultra 5G.

For some reason every day when I pick up my phone the first thing it does it play some music from a playlist named wake up happy. I have tried to find a way to shut this service down. It is annoying me to high heaven and there is no option in clock or any clock app I have thats connected to spotify or shows an option to remove the wake up happy. Can I get a clear instuction how to remove this please

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I will try shutting off all bixby routines. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hi

Have you checked your alarm clock (the google clock) that is set to play this playlist when the alarm goes off?

Load your clock app
Choose any alarms that are "on", you can choose the sound OR Spotify playlist ๐Ÿ™‚

Let us know if it's this? ๐Ÿ™‚

I checked and all alarms on google app clock or any clock is turned off, yet every day as I pick up my phone and get past screen saver immediately the music starts.

I did notice there was 2 inactive alarms, but they were turned off, I removed them now totally, so lets see if this sorts it out.

tried to remove all alarms, yet today again, when I picked up my phone and unlocked it, it starts playing the tunes...I checked and there was no alarms in the clock app.

Is the playlist yours?  If so perhaps copy the tracks to a new playlist (with a new name) and then delete the playlist?

the playlist is not mine, there is no option to remove it at all. the "Wake Up Happy" is by Spotify.

Hmmm... and you're not following this playlist?  If so then unfollow it.

Also after a quick Google it looks like that Samsung has it's own alarm clock (maybe as well as the Standard Google Clock).  Can you check any Samsung utilities on the phone.

I have checked both the clock and the clock app for android/samsung, neither of them has any alarms, I removed them all.

The odd thing is, this "wake up happy" is only on my callphone, it does not appear in the windows 10.

and no I am not following it, and neither can I unfollow it.

So try uninstalling Spotify and restarting your phone before you go to bed, see what happens tomorrow, keep us posted

Hey @Jotunhammer1969,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to the good troubleshooting @robigouk suggested.

When you perform the reinstall, make sure to follow these steps. They are more thorough and ensure that no corrupted files remain, if there are any. Make sure to also restart your phone, this is a simple, but often overlooked step. 

You should also head over to your account page and revoke the access of any third party apps, that you don' recognize. It's possible that one of them is causing this behavior. You can learn how to do this here.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue with a playlist called walk up happy which i am not following nor did I add it to the list, no alarms, tried uninstalling Spotify, restarted phone too but nothing helps. 

I know, I tried everything, even changed phone but there is something in samsung setting probably thats whats causing the wake up happy...idiotic but true

Go to your phone settings. 

Go to advanced features. 

Go to Bixby routines

It says good morning routine turn it off or delete it. 

• The feature is a Bixby feature not spotify

Its a Bixby setting in your phone settings go to advanced features . Click on Bixby routine
Marked as solution

I will try shutting off all bixby routines. 

Aaahhh, it worked, thanks a ton man.

thank you man, it worked.

This solution might work because of all the deletions suggested, but will likely affect usage of other apps as well.  The "problem" is in Bixby.  Simply go to phone Settings, select Advanced, then Bixby Routines.  Modify, delete or turn off the Wake Up routine and you're set.

This is NOT a good solution,though it may work

Suggested posts