Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

web player character encoding issue

web player character encoding issue

Hi,

When running the web player, it seems that there is a character encoding issue. when discovering new music, the text states "Upptäck" in the top of the page, but then lower it should say "Rekommenderas för dig", but the ö is not as is should be. Same for "Nya releaser för dig" and "Förslaget baseras på deorro" which you can see in the screenshot attached 🙂

/ Tobias

spotify-missspelling.png
7 Replies

@toehl001

Hello:

Thanks for pointing those errors out. I went ahead and escalate this post to the Spotify mods, so that the information can be sent along to the web teams. Thanks again!

spotify:track:3O2hu8wMKZfR2hqIWElMEl

There is a bad encoding on Related Music and this picture highlights the differences:Englaland's artist is displayed incorrectly in Related MusicEnglaland's artist is displayed incorrectly in Related Music

I'm seeing this as well with the song "Sueños" (see attached screenshot).  I am on linux mint, xfce 18.0 which has a UTF8 default encoding and using Firefox.

encoding_issue.png

Same issue for me. Czech characters are also badly encoded. See the attachment...

Výstřižek.PNG

Sometimes i have encoding issues in the Webplayer-Radio in Chrome 55.0.2883.87 (32-Bit). OS: Windows 10 Aniversair Update. 

test.PNG
test.PNG

Same here for russian characters

firefox_2017-01-01_11-52-00.png

Same goes for Chrome 55.0.2883.97 m (64-bit) Win10

It works fine on the right "sidebar", but it breaks in the main window:

spotify bug.PNG

Suggested posts