Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

web player hasnt worked in almost a week

web player hasnt worked in almost a week

my web player hasnt worked in a week and i have tried all the solutions i could find on my end its definitely your end thats the problem. I dont understant how u can  have this problem for that long, don't u guys pay people to be on top of**bleep**?

8 Replies

Hey @Dr_troche

I have a few other tips you could try:

1. Ensure that "This web player" is selected in the Spotify Connect button, it's between Queue and Volume.

2. Wipe your browser's cookies and cache.

3. Go to a random album and hit the three dots on any song to select "Copy song link". Now paste this to your browser's address bar and hit Enter.
This should force the web player to open the album and start playing the song. Hit play if it doesn't play anything yet.

4. Go to Spotify webpage, log in if you're not logged in yet and select any album in the "Jump back in" section. This should open the web player and make it play the album you selected.

If the issue persists, please describe what exactly is going on, and what browser you're using.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same issue.  It has been working fine until this week.  I'm using Chrome on a desktop running Windows 7 Enterprise.

Will not play a thing.  

I don't know how to get help...Spotify seems to like taking $ but offers no support.

Hey @djzcabn

I recommend trying out the steps I posted above. 🙂

Another thing that can possibly help is restarting the router.

Keep me in the loop!

SebastySpotify Star

I have the same issue. I can login into the web player using facebook account, but can't play any of the songs or playlist by clicking them (nothing happens after clicking a song or list).

I tried the few things you metnioned but none made a difference. I tried in both Chrome (Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)) and Firefox (59.0.2 (64-bit)) on a macbook (High Sierra 10.13.4).

Attached is a screenshot of the error message in the Firefox console (similar error message in Chrome). Its seems the first error is the problem.

Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 17.44.39.png

@kaiukmusic

I have same errors in my console, but no issues with the player not playing any music at all.

If you have Spotify installed on another device (mobile, for example), then you can try playing music on that and then connecting to the web player from there, using the Spotify Connect feature.

I've had success trying this with two web players in different browsers open at the same time.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star

If you're running some sort of ad blocker extension in Chrome (e.g. Adblock Plus or similar), try turning off ad blocking for open.spotify.com (or similar URL when running Spotify Web Player in Chrome). This worked for me - or in other words, I had ad blocking turned on for the site before, and once I turned it off for the Spotify Web Player URL, I was again able to play music without any issues. I guess the ads displayed on the site are essential to Spotify's business model. 😉

EDIT:

I thought I'd try it again today to see if I could reproduce the error... and yes, to my great surprise, now - once again - it no longer works in Chrome, even with the ad blocker exception (ad blocker turned off / deactivated for open.spotify.com). It simply won't play any music.

And another strange thing now happens: When I try to refresh the web page (F5) after hitting the Play button, a new error message is displayed: 'Song is unavailable'. And that goes for every song/album, even (new) songs/albums that have just been added to Spotify...

Somehow the web player worked in Chrome today. I don't think I changed any settings, and the error message remains. However, it still doesn't work in Firefox. I tried to swith between the device, but it did not solve the problem (the attached screenshot showing the web player in firefox while spotify is running on my galaxy s6). Turning on or off the adblocker did not make a difference, either. The add blocker is off, i.e., showing add in the web player, in the screenshot.  

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 09.49.22.png

I just read kaiukmusic's message, and thought I'd try it again today to see if I could reproduce the error... and yes, to my great surprise, now - once again - it no longer works in Chrome, even with the ad blocker exception (ad blocker turned off / deactivated for open.spotify.com). It simply won't play any music.

And another strange thing now happens: When I try to refresh the web page (F5) after hitting the Play button, a new error message is displayed: 'Song is unavailable'. And that goes for every song/album, even (new) songs/albums that have just been added to Spotify...

Suggested posts