Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

web player not working

Solved!

web player not working

web player wont work when i press play button it wont work has message that says oops something went wrong Reload and when i reload it doesnt work and the same message pops up and only sometimes does it work and if it does work at all its only on for about 5 mins then cuts off i tried clear cookies and clearing my cached data some one help please

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, let's see if we can work under the hood. Bear with me--I'm in my 50s, so I qualify as an old amateur "geek". With that said I found this site:

How to Change Your Browser’s User Agent Without Installing Any Extensions

I will add the text below for the Chrome instructions found there, and I am attaching a screenshot of what I did on Chromium (should be similar) to show you an example--I chose "Edge--Windows". Just so you know, it is temporary, and it is only for the tab where the developer tools is open--you can resize the tools sidebar (which must stay open) after you make the change to see more of the player. I know this might be more than any of us would want to do, but I understand your situation. It's fun jumping through hoops to get around the obstacles--shhhh! LOL

Ok, here's the text:

Chrome’s user agent switcher is part of its Developer Tools. Open them by clicking the menu button and selecting More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use press Ctrl+Shift+I on your keyboard.

Click the menu button to the right of the “Console” tab at at the bottom of the Developer Tools pane and select “Network Conditions”

If you don’t see the console at the bottom, click the menu button at the top right corner of the Developer Tools pane–that’s the button just to the left of the “x”–and select “Show Console”.

On the Network conditions tab, uncheck “Select automatically” next to User agent. You can then select a user agent from the list or copy and paste a custom user agent into the box.

This setting is temporary. It only works while you have the Developer Tools pane open, and it only applies to the current tab.

Back to me: See the screen shot below. Good luck!

View solution in original post

CUA.jpg
3 Replies

What I shared that worked for me, post was titled: Web Player Workaround

Setup where I had the problem: Firefox (also Chromium) on Linux Lite

I login using Facebook.

Workarounds: Firefox User-Agent Switcher [OR] Chrome User-Agent Switcher set to Microsoft Edge

See attached screenshot.

The last row in the panel UI is dedicated for the control options including a button (at the lower left) to change the UA to its default value.

You can specify a particular URL or domain so that UA is only applied to that URL or domain (read FAQ for detailed description). For this Spotify issue: in the box at the bottom where it says all_urls, replace that with spotify.com. The extension/addon remembers it for future broswer sessions.

Firefox User-Agent Switcher

Chrome User-Agent Switcher

UAS.jpg

i cant do the extension because im on a school computer specificly a chromebook so i cant use them unless you know a way

Marked as solution

Ok, let's see if we can work under the hood. Bear with me--I'm in my 50s, so I qualify as an old amateur "geek". With that said I found this site:

How to Change Your Browser’s User Agent Without Installing Any Extensions

I will add the text below for the Chrome instructions found there, and I am attaching a screenshot of what I did on Chromium (should be similar) to show you an example--I chose "Edge--Windows". Just so you know, it is temporary, and it is only for the tab where the developer tools is open--you can resize the tools sidebar (which must stay open) after you make the change to see more of the player. I know this might be more than any of us would want to do, but I understand your situation. It's fun jumping through hoops to get around the obstacles--shhhh! LOL

Ok, here's the text:

Chrome’s user agent switcher is part of its Developer Tools. Open them by clicking the menu button and selecting More Tools > Developer Tools. You can also use press Ctrl+Shift+I on your keyboard.

Click the menu button to the right of the “Console” tab at at the bottom of the Developer Tools pane and select “Network Conditions”

If you don’t see the console at the bottom, click the menu button at the top right corner of the Developer Tools pane–that’s the button just to the left of the “x”–and select “Show Console”.

On the Network conditions tab, uncheck “Select automatically” next to User agent. You can then select a user agent from the list or copy and paste a custom user agent into the box.

This setting is temporary. It only works while you have the Developer Tools pane open, and it only applies to the current tab.

Back to me: See the screen shot below. Good luck!

CUA.jpg

Suggested posts