Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

web player will only play next 100 songs in shuffle

web player will only play next 100 songs in shuffle

for the past several days (i think the issue started around a week ago) the spotify web player will only play the closest 100 or so songs to the song i start with in my favorite music tab when on shuffle. its getting kind of annoying, since i want to listen to all of my music and not just the most recent ones over and over.

i havent done anything different to my knowledge to facilitate this change, and id rather not have to switch to the app if i can avoid it. im not using spotify connect, im just using the web player on its own. im using it on google chrome in windows 7, and i just have a basic account. is this a spotify bug, new feature, or did i mess it up somehow?

2 Replies

I have this same exact issue. Started about a week ago. I don't believe I did anything out of the ordinary.

I only play Spotify on Chrome on my Desktop or Laptop. I don't use Spotify connect at all. I have tried signing out of all devices and used different computers to access my Spotify playlist.

It will only shuffle ~100 songs closest to what's already playing. 

I have had this issue in the past, but it seemed to resolve itself naturally. However now it is stuck for at least a week now. 

its now been over a month and this issue is still persisting. ive tried everything i can think of to rectify it, but still no luck.

Suggested posts