Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Album art / song info not displaying in Volvo since last Spotify update

Album art / song info not displaying in Volvo since last Spotify update

Since last update when using spotify via cable in my Volvo the album art is not displayed after the first song or when I skip the first song. With Bluetooth the album art was never displayed only the song and album info. I already restarted the phone, deleted and installed again Spotify and the problem persist. I'm using IOS/ Iphone 6s and current Spotify version is 8.2.0.549.
10 Replies

I have the same issue...Did you solve a problem ?? 

Hi @volvouser!
Unfortunately not. I have try everything but the problem persist. Right now I'm waiting for suggestions from the community

Regards

Hi,

Don´t know if you have seen but there is another thread regarding this issue with different Volvo-models together with Apple devices:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Volvo-Sensus-Connect-problem-with-player/idc-p/16374...

There is for the moment no news other than Spotify says they are working on it.

This issue seems to have started with Spotify version 7.8.xxxx and is not solved in the current version ( I think it is 8.2.xxxx)  and No work-arounds have been presented so far other than a fresh install... No difference for me

What I have done is to use an older IPhone 3S with an old Spotify-version in my car to have everything working. Glad I´m saving my old phones...

Regards

Claes

They have closed the ongoing investigation due to that they are unable to replicate the error...
Opened a NEW topic with a harsh reply regarding their approach...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Volvo-Sensus-Track-info-listing-timeline-not-working...

PLEASE KEEP NAGING ABOUT THE ISSUE SO THAT IT CAN BE RESOLVED!

// Klas

Hi all,

As they earlier have moved several comments on this thread to 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Volvo-Sensus-Connect-problem-with-player/idc-p/17542...

and that thread is closed (to avoid more comments...?) with a comment to update the firmware in the headset (just wonder what headset) and some nonsens about what firmware in the car.

So I use this thread instead.

This issue started without any firmware in the car was updateted and the same issue are in several Volvo-models from different years both with and without Gracenote. I dont think Gracenote has anything to do with this as I see it Gracenote only supports music already onboard the car such as HDD and USB sticks

The 25th of July a new Spotify relase arrived, 8.4.9.721

But it is the same issue as before. 

Please see the pictures below

In the start Spotify works correctly

But the next or second next track it shows no metadata.

I noticed this issue in version 7.8 I think in early spring this year but it might have been a little bit earlier than 7.8.X.

Spotify has several times replied that their best people are looking into it but the only response has been the one abot the headset that now is closed. 

I have also given Spotify an offer if I could have earlier Spotify versions, from 7.6.X I could test every version to see in what version this issue starts. Then it should most likely be a piece of cake to look into the change-logs (thay are not public)  to find the root-cause to the issue

But no respons from Spotify at all.  

And for the fifth time:

IPhone 6 with 16 GB memory, 10.3 Gb free, IOS 10.3 and only Spotify installed

Car is a XC60 m/y 2016 with Premium Sound, Subwoofer and Sensus Connect

Claes

DSC_0070.JPG
DSC_0069.JPG

Also have the same problem with the latest volvo firmware update. I complained about this issue to volvo and they installed the latest update. However same issue.

Problem still persist...No kidding Spotify you cannot debug this. As @clbys said the easiest way is to go thru older versions and check what was changed from good one to bad one...Give us old versions and we will do by ourselves if you don't have skills...

Well, you can resolve the issue by switching to Apple Music. Works for me 😉

God idea, Just started the 3 month clock on Apple music and that is also
the time and patience I have left with Spotify. Metadata works correct
using Apple music and I even think the sound has more dynamics = better.
Thanks for an god idea 🙂

This issue with metadata and Spotify has been on going since the beginning
of March this year
The only responses so far are two: their best technicians are working on it
and still working and second response was the best technicians could not
get the same error. The best technicians recomended to update the firmware
on the headset... And closed the case. My guess the nerver tested it in a
Volvo
Best technicians, mumbling about a headset, I am not impressed of the
skills. To me working in IT- industrie it looks like a reply from an
outsourced partner mayby in Asia that didnt bother about this issue, only
interested to show god statistics and spend as less time as possibIe on
every ticket.
I have seen the same behavior earlier

Claes

I have the same problem with my MY13 Sensus. I posted the issue that of course has been ignored. Switching to Apple Music looks like the only solution here.

Suggested posts