Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Amazon Echo] Multi-room music

Solved!

[Amazon Echo] Multi-room music

What is the timeline for Spotify to support Amazons new Multi-room music feature? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To get this to work you need to confirm all the Echo's which are part of the group are on the most recent software versions found here https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201602210. If the Echo isn't you will need to wait for the update - best way to get the update to occur is to mute your Echos and not use the app for at least 2 hours. It should update in that period of time. With Echo Show you can force an update manually. 

View solution in original post

182 Replies

No Answer in over a week?????  My family Spotify is about to be terminated in favor of a company that can get it together and deliver expediantly.  

I have just been told by amazon that it is coming next week ?  I still think I might jump ship and go amazon music unlimited, it just easier. 

I've been using amazon music unlimited on a free trial for my multiroom setup. The multiroom feature is amazing but amazon music unlimited sucks when compaired to spotify. I'd try it first before jumping the spotify ship. One of the biggest pains in the @ss is you have to use the echo app to control the music so you are the murcy what features they put in that app. It makes it difficult to locate music, playlists, similar music, etc... Amazon's music app doesn't seem to control the music when it's played else where like spotify does... just a heads up!

I agree but spotify have not got any plans to support the amazon multi room feature, so the main reason for Alexa is to have it on both my Alexa kitchen and living room. At present this can only be achieved with Amazon music. Agree with you totally that spotify is far superior than Amazon music but I only want to pay one family subscription and not two. Also can't understand why spotify just don't support this feature in their app ??

Yes me too - recently new to echo very disappointed spotify are way behind the need of their customers here. About to lose my account too

Any update on this feature to support Echo Multirrom music?..It has been already more than 3 weeks since original question and hard to understand why is not even worth a response (good or bad) by Spotify customer support people..I though Spotify primary mision/vision was cto be a customer service oriented company

Anyway..hope this situation changes

I've been a Spotify user since its inception. I just multiple Echo units and I would also like to know if Spotify plans to open up this feature or not. Please reply Spotify! Thank you!

I need to know the plans here.   I will leave Spotify if this isn’t going to be integrated soon.   Been a loyal user for years - but multi room is a game changer.  

I really hope multiroom gets enabled with Spotify, but if it doesn't I dont see myself leaving Spotify as there's no alternative to Spotify. The only worthy replacement would be Apple Music, but that has ZERO Alexa integration. 

Hi. I cancelled my Spotify subscription and went over to Amazon Music as they obviously support multiroom, works perfectly. Spotify won’t even reply to this thread. 

Amazon music. Works perfectly. 

I just want to have an idea if it’s going to be a month or a year until it’s ready!?

GET IT TOGETHER SPOTIFY I love you so so much, most of my life has some form of spotify in it, but agreed that multi room is a game changer. Spotify, I kind of hate you for leaving everyone in the dark like this. Just give me a BALLPARK TIMELINE and I will power through it but because Spotify is so clearly superior to anything else, but not trying to tease myself with indefinite false hope. 

COME ON GUYS SHOOT US A REPONSE.

Please ❤️

+1 multi room support for amazon echo is essential.

If only Spotify would comment in the community we would appreciate that so much to be acknowledged, listened and informed on progress. We don't need official statements, announcement dates etc. we just want to know something along the way while we wait patiently 🙂

I’d like to see alexa multi-room integrates into the Spotify app and not have to go to the alexa app which is not that user friendly.   But I’ll take any multi-room integration to start with!!!    I’ve been using pandora — and I hate it!   

This question has already been asked in 2016 on the Spotify community and the feature is still not supported.

Yes - but that was before Amazon echo supported multi-room music.    Things have changed now.   Amazon Music / Tune-in / Pandora all now work multi-Room on Alexa.   Spotify needs to catch up or they will be dead.   I have multi-room music playing in my house constantly and if I can’t use Spotify I am no longer going to pay for it.    Supposedly it’s “coming” along with XM Sirius - but I am looking for an approximate timelines.  

I just spoke with Spotify chat support and this feature is not planned according to them at this time and they suggested we "post about it" in the community threads.

I will be switching back to Google or Amazon Music, I haven't seen any evidence this feature is coming.

Interesting. I spoke to them on Twitter and they said it’s coming but couldn’t give me a timeline.

Suggested posts