Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Beosound 5 - Playlist problem

Solved!

Beosound 5 - Playlist problem

I have a Beosound 5 with Spotify premium. The problem is that when I try to acces my playlist, it says "loading" all the time.

I can say for sure that it has nothing to do with the system, since I have tried my friends Spotify account on the Beosound 5, and it works perfectly.

What can be wrong with my account?

Is it something in settings?

I have seen other treads here with same issue, but no one solved yet...

Looking forward for your reply.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks Erik35, they have given me 3 options:

The chromecast you already described for us. And maybe the best.
20% off on a beosound essence box
Or 20% off on a beosound moment with built in deezer.

It's my understanding this is worldwide.

View solution in original post

48 Replies

Anyone??

Same issue here! Can Spotify solve this one, please?

I just deleted all my playlists, and now it works, for now....

Removing all playlists from the account did the trick for me as well. Thanks

Sorry to inform you that this problem keeps haunting me. I followed the playlist 'your top songs 2016' on my account, but this list does not load on the Beosound, no matter if I delete (unfollow) all  lists or not. This is really annoying. Does nobody have an idea? Has anyone tried installing a different version of internet browser on the Beomaster? E.g. Firefox? But what version of Firefox is to install on a Windows XP embedded PC?

I have the same problem aand I have no idee how to solve it. On my computer there is no problem. And the BeoSound has worked beautifully for years withe Spotify. I don't understand.

I have exact the same problem. I have asked help from B&O but recieved no answer yet. I shall report back when my problem is solved.

A just deleted all playlists, then everything is fine...

Thanks for your reply. But do you mean you don't have any playlists anymore? Then you lose part of the attractiveness of Spotify on Beosound? Or have you then redefined new playlists afterwards? Some more background on my setup: I use two different accounts (family account) on my iphone and on my beosound. On the account on my iPhone I regularly define new playlists, add new songs to or remove songs from these playlists. On the Beosound account, I then follow specific lists of the IPhone account. This alll worked fine until a couple of weeks ago, when the lists were not loading anymore. I managed to get it working again by unfollowing all lists on the Beosound account and 'refollowing' these lists afterwards (see my previous post before in this thread)

But last week, Spotify released the 'Your Songs of 2016' playlist with my most listened to songs of 2016. I wanted to follow this list on my Beosound account, and then Spotify hangs when I want to select any playlist (not only the 'Your songs of 2016'). It keeps loading for a long time and finally I get the message "no data found". When I unfollow the 'Your songs of 2016' it works again. This really frustrates me. Has it something to do with dynamic playlists? With specific Spotify playlists? I even contemplate changing the browser on my Beomaster.

Thanks StefanO

I closed the playlists I followed, but kept my own lists. Without results. I expect an answer from Bang&Olufsen today. If they can't help me, I will follow your advise and skip all my playlsts.

I'll keep you informed.

I spoke to Bang & Olufsen today and they informed me that they are aware of the problem and that they are working together with Spotify to solve it. So our problem is temporay and will be solved. I hope and trust they are right.

Now they are working on this problem, they could maybe try to let us navigate on our phone, but "airplay" our music from the Beosound 5, like having an external remote for our Beosound 5. That could be nice aswell. Just an idea. 

I deleted all my Spotify Playlists as recommended. Afterwards the starting process worked again once or twice. Now I have again the same problem as before. I'll wait another week. Then I'll quit my account.

Hi.

I had the same problem, but in my case It was only if I’m following a playlist.
As soon I type in FOLLOW a playlist, my Beosound 5 goes to "loading" mode, until I unsubscribe “follow” the playlist my Beosound 5 goes back to normal.
If I download the playlist to my account, it works fine, also on the Beosound 5, and it appears on my playlist on the Beosound 5, and works.

So I don’t have to delete all my playlists

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I just tried it out (I followed only one playlist)  but unfortunately there was no effect here, the hole system stalled and I had to pull the plug once again.

Same problem here since the last days of october. Have contacted Bang & Olufsen in Mexico but not answer with a real solution. Any news?

I even got a second account so I didn't have to delete all my playlists!!

No news. Still no solution neither from Spotify nor from Bang & Olufsen.
I am disappointed.

Have exactly The same problem. Have written to B&O, however i am sure it is a Spotify problem.

Suggested posts