Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot login to Spotify via BeoSound 5

Cannot login to Spotify via BeoSound 5

Since yesterday I cannot access Spotify via the B&O BeoSound 5 product and receive an error message stating that a Premium Account is needed to login. As I have a premium account this error message is in itself a fault. This is (if possible) a further degradation in the Spotify functionality as playlists have been unaccessable for over 7 months without Spotify or B&O reacting. Other B&O customers are reporting the same error via B&O forums.

23 Replies

Same problem here... BeoSound 5 says a premium account is required but I already have premium.

me too..  

I do not have access to spotify from Wednesday until now. Symptoms like this. I am already subscribed to a premium service.
Did you solve the problem?

Did you solve the problem?

Same issue for me...

Is anyone looking at this problem or is spotify no longer available via a B&O beomaster 5 system?

Hi,

Spotify has written to me to test some options, still didnt work. Anyhow, its at least a responce that I see positive. I will keep you posted if there is some more actions... I actually resign Spotify Premium Family for this issue. But If they solve it I will be back...  I think that B&O has a big thing here to solve. They should inform their customers, its quite much a premium brand that should care about their customers. I have been a customer for about 25 years, and spent a lot of money at them. So far I do not have a clue if we will have it work again with the BS5. No info about that....

Funny is also that B&O is continues selling Spotify units, how long will those unit last? I will never take that chance again. I think I spent well over 100 KEUR for B&O during my years... OK, not extreme, still a customer... 
Im not angry, just a bit fustrated and of cause, a bit sad that I cant use my 4KEUR music streamer stereo as was planned, and just some years old... 

I learned about this coming issue at my B&O dealership some time ago.

Spotify is in a bit of financial trouble at this time, and therefore wants to "reset" all of the users and devices that continue to stream music thru early and therefore uncontrolled apps, without paying for the "correct" data stream. It seems like the music industry wants to get payed more , and therefore needs to know "what" you are playing, and how much you use it.

As a precation, I turned OFF my "automatic software update" , but B&O has instead forced an update to my system, and Spotify is now sadly unavailable. I have a premium family account. Spotify cannot update my system, so this is B&O working in the background, removing functionality from our systems, without informing us officially. 

Lippert, Norway.

Hi All,

I have some communication with Spotify now, and I do not know if the issue will be resolved. At least they ask about my Spotify settings and the error message at the BS5. So, I hope that we all with the BS5 can get a positive result in the end. It seems to be a slow progress, but I will keep you posted if there is some progress or result. Now, I have resigned Spotify. I’m not paying any longer, and my account will expire 2017-07-02. I might be out of the community then, I do not know. Abut as long they can’t tell if they work with solving this issue, I'm not prepared to pay. If they have the goal to solve it, I will join again. And hopefully that will be the case so we can see a lot of BS5 users globally with some smile on their lips again.

BR

Patric Jonsson

Sweden 

Thanks!

I have also cancelled my Premium subscription. I would be willing to pay more to Spotify simply in order to keep the BS5 functionality up and running as I suspect several other Bang Olufsen customers would be willing to do the same as they tend to be less cost sensitive than other brand customers.

Unfortunately no response from Spotify representatives here (maybe they do not read these forums?).

//Rolf

Hi and sorry to say...

that I have got the message that they will not support BS5 any longer!!!  In fact, they write that the "BeoSound-loudspeaker" will not be supported any longer. And they recommend that I should stream my music at some other loudspeaker. I’m extremely disappointed, how could a company just leave their customers!!

And the funny part is that B&O and Spotify still sell products for this kind of application… how long will they last, somebody that want to take the chance?

I see this as if a car manufacturer sold a car for 50 KEUR (although it's a B & O system in this case) and that after three years, engine management software stopped working when there was a data bug in the software. If I then received the message that they did not intend to handle it because they intended to make another car better. How many would be happy to hear from their supplier? Would every customer kindly scrap their almost new cars even though they only rolled 30,000 km with a smile on their lips? Naa .... Really doubt that... !! Should that even be legal?

Last time I bought B&O, and I will not continue with Spotify.

Sorry Spotify to be this negative, but I’m disappointed… It has been better to stay with my previous stereo that could handle a CD. I changed to be able to still have a home integrated system that could handle Spotify, for a very high price….

Please show your interest in keeping the system working in this link:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Bang-amp-Olufsen-Continues-with-the-app-for-B-amp-...

Hi I have the same issue. Up until a couple of weeks ago my spotify Premium account worked fine on my beosound 5. Now I get a message saying I need a 'premium' account!! .  I have tried deleting the account and re logging in, as well as rebooting the system several times, as well as logging out of all devices and re logging in, all to no effect!!

What is the problem? Is it B&O or is it Spotify? .. any ideas?

Thanks

Toby

In some way, it’s both as I see it. Still, its Spotify that have stop updating.... and if a lot of people give a vote for this thread, it might show some interest at Spotify company... I do not know if they really care...

Hi,

I've got the same issue here, no more direct access to Spotify on my Beosound5 since a week ago in spite of having a Premium account. Anyone got a clue whether either Spotify or Bang & Olufsen are trying to fix this problem? The lack of information is simply disgraceful.

Xabier

Hi to anyone who still infuriated and/or struggling with this problem.

I have a workaround now using a plugin Avantree saturn pro which is a small bluetooth receiver that plugs into a behringer UCA222 input /output monitor which then connects to my beomaster 5.

Using the a.aux setting I can then play spotify via my mobile or tablet out through my B&o system. 

Very simple to set up and relatively cheap.  Not perfect but probably close to what spotify and B&o are trying to achieve if they actually care about this issue.

GL all.

Tobase 

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

The “solution” you propose is the same as the one proposed by B&O and totally defeats the functionality and purpose of the B&O/Spotify integration that was both functional, highly usable within a multi-room setup and was 100% controllable with a single B&O remote.

Unfortunately, you get the same response to the solution or work-around as B&O…. UNACCEPTABLE !

Thanks for trying but not even close to a solution and not even worth the “ink on paper”.

My Premium account is cancelled along with many others. What B&O and Spotify fail to recognise is that many customers would be willing to pay an additional fee simply in order to retain the functionality.

Got the same issue with BS5. Use premium but that's what I have! Can't get music from Spotify out at all. Really poor as this function was one reason to buy BS5 in first place. Not impressed

I don't think this is Spotify's issue - I rather see it in B&O.  

Anyone that got a response from them?  If they truly care for their customers on these high end (and pricy) products - they would have found a solution - jointly with Spotify.  A Spotify account is USD120 a year - a fraction of these units.  

To discontinue the services after two years that the unit got discontinued in the market is disgraceful.  I join the other voices: last ever B&O system if this does not get corrected. 

Thomas, Texas

Suggested posts