Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting Access Error when playing Spotify Connect on Yamaha AV receiver

Solved!

Getting Access Error when playing Spotify Connect on Yamaha AV receiver

I having problems when playing Spotify Connect on my Yamaha AV receiver (RX-A1030).

It starts playing (from iPad and iPhone) as supposed. But after about 30-60 seconds it stops playing and the message "Access Error" shows in the receivers display. Then I must pause and start play again. Then it will play for about 5 seconds. I have had this problem since the first day the new firmware was released.

I have tried every solution with no luck. I have been in contact with the Yamaha store and they advised me to get in contact with the Spotify helpdesk.

I can however play music from Spotify by using Airplay without any problem. But the real reason I bought this receiver was to achieve the Connect function.

Appreciate  all help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I have just figured this one out. It was annoying me since day one, contacted Yamaha support several times but never got a reply, but also didn't have the time to keep on it.

I had the same problem, RX V675 showed up in Spotify Connect, upon connecting I would get 'Access error'. Basically what you guys had, only that with me, it never worked, no matter what day or time.

Upon reading all your input and research, I first thought it might have to do with regional settings (I am in Holland, but bought the receiver from Amazon.de), but couldn't find anything about it. Then I stumbled upon the network settings (browser - System config - IP adress) and noticed that both DNS servers were set to 0.0.0.0 (left them like that during first setup because I assumed my router would do that work, which it usually does). Since it can do no harm, I changed that to the two standard google DNS servers, 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Saved it, tried Spotify Connect again - and it works like a charm, upon first trial!

What makes me really curious: how can it be that Yamaha (and Spotify) support do not know this? And why is it not mentioned in the Yamaha Spotify Connect extra manual? 

Anyway, it works, curious if it will solve the problem with you guys as well, let me know!

yamaha web interface screenshot.png

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Amazing!! This worked like a charm! Thank you!

View solution in original post

102 Replies

Weird, do you have Spotify Premium?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, I have Spotify Premium.

Thanks for asking.

Access error from googling around seems to be caused by network issues. Is the receiver connected via WiFi or cable?

Peter

The receiver is connected via LAN-cable to the router. The receiver has no wifi possibility. But I have also tried and connected the receiver via a wifi-bridge, with the same bad result.

What country are you in?

I live in Sweden.

Does your router have uPnP enabled on it?

Peter

Yes, the router has UPnP activated.

Thanks for asking.

Power off the AVR and reset your router and power it all back on...Yamaha AVRs seem to have problems with access errors on the net inputs.

Thanks for the tip.

I have now reset the router by pressing "Restore Factory Settings" in five seconds, and restarted the network again.

When I first started to play from Spotify Connect (from the AV Receiver Web Control Center) it played (with sound) for about four minutes. So I thought that the problem was solved.

But then it stop playing and changed to pause mode.

When I start playing from my iPAD, the music stops sounding after about 15sec, but the iPAD continuing playing.  

I have the same problem (access error) and I think my problem is that i have Local files music and because im connected through cable with my yamaha and wifi with my iphone, they dont sync.

@Cladde wrote:
I have the same problem (access error) and I think my problem is that i have Local files music and because im connected through cable with my yamaha and wifi with my iphone, they dont sync.

That would be correct. Spotify Connect streams directly from Spotify, not via your device so it wouldn't have access to any of your local files (although I would assume if programmed correctly it *should* skip unplayable tracks!). 

Peter

Getting connectivity issues of recently. I was upto very recently able to connect to my Yamaha RXA1030 receiver without any problem.

But from last week, the receiver is coming on and off from the spotify device list. When I try to connect to it, it attempts connection but fails.

I don't know where to look for any error logs if there is.

I took premium subscription just for the streaming service. Any help much appreciated.

I am able to use my yamaha receiver through its app, and other dlna link applications as normal. No firmware change was done recently.

The exact same thing happend to me yesterday.

I have a new RX-V475 which worked fine from 2014-07-04 until 2014-07-06.

When i came back to my flat on 2014-07-13 it wasn't working anymore.

The reciever is coming on and off in the spotify device list. It's not playing anything from spotify though webradio is working fine.

Therefore the network connection should be fine.

The reciever is shortly showing the message "access error"

A reboot of the router and a firmware update of the reciever did not help at all.

I also disconnected the recievers power supply, to force a reboot of it.

I have the newest spotify version installed on an android tablet. (I remember, there was an update to spotify sometime between 2014-07-05 and 2014-07-13) and an older version on my smartphone. Both are not working.

Was there any change on the spotify side server-wise?

The next step for me is to reset the reciever to factory settings.

Do you think, this might help?

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

The reset to factory settings did not help.

EDIT2:

NEither did deleting all data and reinstalling the app.

I would suggest getting in touch with Yamaha, the hardware manufacturers tend to have better knowledge and diagnostic tools to fix issues.

Peter

The Yamaha-Support [av.support(at)gmx.yamaha.com] told me to contact the spotify support [support-yamaha(at)spotify.com] .

Let's see, what thy tell me.

When I got home today after work, everything was working again, as if nothing happened.

The reciever was powered off, but coinnected. The Taplet was running the whole time.

I guess there was some unreported issue on the spotify side.

If any spotify official is reading this: Was this a problem on your side, or should i get in contact with my isp, in case something like this happens again?

If there was some server error: Why is there no corresponding message in the app?

It's quite frustratring to spend 4 days without music, trying to figure out, what went wrong.

Since i did reset my reciever, I have to setup the whole thing again.

The issues came back today, after I switched the fuses in my living room on and off several times.

Obviously my Yamaha does not like power outages.

I hope, the issue just disappears after a few days, like it did last time

EDIT:

I tried powering on and off and rebooting several times without success.

But finally I got rid of it:

I switched of the reciever, while having it set to a different input than spotify (HDMI1 in my case).

Then i rebooted the device by pressing the power-button longer than 10 seconds.

Last i switched to spotify, without trying to play anything via spotify connect. After a while (a few minutes)  i started the spotify app and it worked again.

Let me know, if this works on your reciever as well.

I've recently bought RX-V577 and I'm having the same issue with connect error while using Spotify on iPad and Win8.
Power off/on helps only for same time then problem happen again. Also helps for while changing the wireless connection to wired and vice versa.
Everything works well with AirPlay.
Last post on this issue was on April so I wander if anybody alse is having similar issue or someone know how to solve it.

Suggested posts