Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Getting Access Error when playing Spotify Connect on Yamaha AV receiver

Solved!

Getting Access Error when playing Spotify Connect on Yamaha AV receiver

I having problems when playing Spotify Connect on my Yamaha AV receiver (RX-A1030).

It starts playing (from iPad and iPhone) as supposed. But after about 30-60 seconds it stops playing and the message "Access Error" shows in the receivers display. Then I must pause and start play again. Then it will play for about 5 seconds. I have had this problem since the first day the new firmware was released.

I have tried every solution with no luck. I have been in contact with the Yamaha store and they advised me to get in contact with the Spotify helpdesk.

I can however play music from Spotify by using Airplay without any problem. But the real reason I bought this receiver was to achieve the Connect function.

Appreciate  all help to solve this problem.

Thanks.

102 Replies

Just like to add to the thread that i was able to solve the issue where my Yamaha RN500 receiver seems to intermittently come on and off the list of devices in spotify (and suddenly stop playing) by setting the  "Show local devices only" to off in Spotify settings. I guess it was having problems detecting the receiver as a local device so this helped. 

Still having problems with access errors (as in the receiver loosing contact with the network) but I guess that is probably a network settings somewhere that needs to be changed... 

Hi all,

A new firmware update has been available for the r-n500 (and I've seen updates for other devices) since last december!

SInce I moved to a new house I gave it a try thinking nework might also be more stable in my new place.

It worked like a charm for the first days, the app being way more reactive and without glitches.

Unfortunately yesterday the same old problems appeared... It really seems to me that there is a cache issue somehow... however I have no idea how I could work on that!

Give it a try!

Cheers

Hello,

Same for me. My Yamaha R-N500 just stopped to be connected to the internet las week (access error) and no way to connect to Spotify anymore.

I updated the software via USB but it didn't help. Unfortunately I didn't find any tipp about how to solve this problem. If you have any idea, please!!!

All the best from Barcelona,

Sven

Suggested posts