Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Loading... [Windows Phone]

Loading... [Windows Phone]

God I wish I could leave Spotify for another service, with programmers who knows what they're doing and customer support that knows how to answer anything else than 'reinstall the app', ‘restart’ or some other stupid answer from their manuscript. But luckily for you, you don't have any real competition so you can pretty much get away with anything (no quality control needed). Spotify are probably the ones killing Windows Phone sales, with their app which only sais 'Loading...'. I’m not one of those people who have a lot of apps on their phone, I pretty much only got Spotify and a couple more. I never understood why people buy an overpriced iPhone or Android phone. For me, Windows Phone is what I want. The only drawback is the Spotify app which is stuck loading. I don’t have any issues with wifi in other apps, just Spotify. My phone is a Lumia 640 (Windows 10) and I bet I’m not alone with the issue.

wp_ss_20160405_0002.pngwp_ss_20160405_0003.pngwp_ss_20160405_0004.pngwp_ss_20160405_0005.pngwp_ss_20160405_0006.pngwp_ss_20160405_0007.pngwp_ss_20160405_0008.pngwp_ss_20160405_0009.pngwp_ss_20160405_0010.pngwp_ss_20160405_0011.pngwp_ss_20160405_0012.pngwp_ss_20160405_0013.pngwp_ss_20160405_0014.pngwp_ss_20160405_0015.pngwp_ss_20160405_0016 1.pngwp_ss_20160405_0016.pngwp_ss_20160405_0017 1.pngwp_ss_20160405_0017.png

MY PLAYLISTS
Transcend - The biggest, most uplifting and euphoric trance tunes. Updated regularly.
Progressive trance | big room, edm | dubstep, elecro, dnb | soundtrack, orchestrated | new age | pop | and more...
30 Replies

Same problem with my Lumia 950: There are moments that the app works well but many times it stops and it is impossible to solve it without restarting the phone...

Please Spotify, at least make the app usable for your paying subscribers

Yes unfortunately I also have this stupid loading problem and it's for years now. I had A Lumia 925 from 2014 and in the beginning its was all okay but then it started.. That annoying loading **bleep**. It loads for nothing. Everything is already loaded and there is now way that you can control the app while this continuesly loading message is in the front. I'm a customer that pays for this "premium" (they really choose the wrong word) account but I can not really use it this way. Since I thought it was the Lumia 925 that maybe wasnt strong enough I bought the Lumia 950 (xl), its a really smooth en fast phone but then I installed the spotify app, and the **bleep** loading once begun again........... I was looking to contact Spotify but al I found (yet) was this community, anyone any ideas how to contact a employer of spotify? THANKS SPOTIFY FOR MAKING THE APP MISERABLE, FIRST YOU STOP SUPPORTING THE (PREMIUM) SYMBIAN USERS AND FOR YEARS STILL THIS WINDOWS PHONE PROBLEM. If you cared you already let the people know that you working on it.. I said it before..: I always thought that Spotify was a decent company......

I also want to let you guys know that when I let the app load for like a minute or 5 a 10, it sometimes seems it's ready for use, the loading is over then. and also sometimes it helps to restart the phone, but it's still sometimes....

OW AND THANKS FOR SENDING ME THIS "NEW RANK" **bleep** EMAIL, WE DONT WAT ANY **bleep**TY RANKS , JUST FIKS THE APP, WE PAY FOR IT. !!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! You have a new rank in the Spotify Community

Sent: ‎2017-03-28 08:13 PM

Congratulations, Charles_S!

As a result of your contributions to the community you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is Music Fan.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

This is an automated message. If you need help and are not sure what to do next, have a look at our starter guide

Thanks!

Your Spotify Community

@Charles_S: i feel your pain, been there, done that. the only thing which helped was to download albums/playlists and play them offline. but this stopped working a couple of months ago too.

meanwhile my consequence of spotify not being able to fix the app was to buy a new phone, based on ios. since then, it just works. but it really is a shame that after 4 years of premium service i had to buy a completely new phone just to be able to use a service i've been paying for. if i had known that the app will stop working after a year or so i wouldn't have bought a windows phone in the first place.

so when i find a suitable alternative to spotify (which might be soon), i'm gone. i really don't feel appreciated as a customer, especially when i see how many similar problems exist for other customers as well, without being addressed. at all.

This is driving me insane... How on earth can Spotify not fix this problem?!

Same thing here on Lumia 950... I don't care about the extra **bleep**, daily mixes, social networking etc. Just at LEAST fix the major bugs so that the app might be usable! I don't feel like throwing money away for a new phone when I'm already throwing money away month by month on a **bleep**ty "premium" account while getting nothing in return... So for now, adios Spotify. Let me know when you've gotten your **bleep** together!

Sorry to hear about the problems you all are having.

From Spotify staff:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/March-2017-Ideas-Review/ba-p/1635878

https://www.neowin.net/news/spotify-app-for-windows-phones-will-no-longer-get-new-features-now-in-ma...

"Spotify for Windows Phone has been placed into maintenance mode. Thus, we will only be making critical security updates to the current Spotify app and not releasing any new features nor improving support for old devices going forward. Users can continue to use Spotify on previously supported Windows Phones and Spotify will remain on the Windows Store.

We will continue to work closely with Microsoft to ensure the best experience on Windows platforms and are constantly evaluating the most effective path going forward."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi. I had the same loading problem. I noticed that the problem occurs when I was logged to spotify on my ps4. When I logged out from spotify on my ps4, my mobile app worked fine.

Now Windows stopped the Groove Music service and tell's me they going to work close with Spotify I wonder if they pull the app out of this maintenance modus... 

I've never had any issue with Spotify on my 930, until today. The forever "Loading..." on app startup is there to stay it seems. Tried:

1) Clear all sessions

2) Re-install the app

3) Startup...Loading... wait until it gives up.

4) Multitask to trigger "Resuming..." forvever loop.

Being a software engineer it saddens me to see a company like Spotify who I've used as reference when it comes to REST Api design. But how they can fail to keep a v1 stable enough to existing apps. It just speaks bad QA and bad Continuous Integration from the software team. 

Maybe it's time to reflect over the following picture:

Spotify QASpotify QA

Suggested posts