Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS3-, error connecting to Playstation network

Solved!

PS3-, error connecting to Playstation network

Hi, I haven't ever been able to use Spotify on my fat PS3 as I get the Spotify logo and Error Connecting to PlayStation Network, please try again later. Reinstalling hasn't helped. I'm definitely signed into PSN. Any ideas?
75 Replies

Thanks mate you are a lifesaver

forums 4 life wahoo

Stupidly enough, that works...

What worked for me was disabling media servers on the ps3 under network settings. Weird but did the trick. Hope that helps someone else

This worked nicely. Comments for morons (I count myself in the group), don't forget to switch on Bluetooth on your phone.

Cheers Ben H, one happy Trogan Skin (SHARP), nice one mate, Oi! Oi! 🔨

Download spotify on your phone
Open spotify
Register
Make or find a playlist
Play your song
Hit the speaker button on the bottom middle
Your playstation name will appear if you are online, press it and it will bring spotify up on your tv.
Exit and proceed to game
Game options- sound settings- turn sound off or allow in-game music to be played under the music.

This worked for me.
Cheers!

do i need premium?

No you don't need premium.

hey buddy thumbs up That fixed my problem 3 stars for Spotify and you

C'est exactement cette solution qu'il faut appliquer: la PS3 ne doit pas se connecter automatiquement au PSN, et il faut enclencher directement Spotify. ça fonctionne... ça fait des mois que je recherche une solution... et ce n'est pas SONY ou SPOTIFY qui aident...

Please developers fix this longstanding issue that have been going for months!!!! It's unbelievable.

For me it worked as already exlpained in the forum.

Log out of PSN,

and go to skype app.

All of you who write "it worked for me", could you please state which of the many "solutions" listed here you did?

@Developers, please fix this already, I am amazed that you have left this bug in for so long, and that there is no place to bug report it.

How about sending an UDP to some collection server at your place everytime the client can't log in even if there is network, that way you would easily pick up when, for instance, all PS3 clients all over the world fail simultaneously start acting up.

Yay that seems to have made it work . Bit of a jar doing that everytime I wanna open spotify. Thanks sooo much 🙂

Thanks did the job

You are more than welcome, it took me a while lol

Basically have the app on your phone, and have it running when you run the app on your PlayStation.

i agree. I also am a paying customer This performance is a rip off    I have to turn off internet connection and then wait for promt after starting Spotify.     This is a software problem,   Fix the damb thing spotify   Why should the community have to fix your problems 

Marked as solution

Then all of a sudden it started working all right. No cell phone spotify usage or anything, it just started working.

Have tried two days and it just doesn't act up anymore. Worth testing again for all you others with issues.

You are right, it works now! Thanks Spotify for *finally* fixing this, this was a very ugly bug. I'm delighted each time the app starts from itself now 😄

Suggested posts