Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos and Spotify in the UAE

Sonos and Spotify in the UAE

Hi - am living in the UAE and trying to connect my Australian registered Spotify account to my Sonos system except Spotify is not supported in this country.  Any suggestions on a work around as this is killing me! (Mac User)

9 Replies

Hi !

did you have got a solution for this problem ?

Ciao,

Elio (edima49)

Hey, 

I got a similar problem in the Dominican Republic. I got my UK premium account, but i cannot play Spotify on my Sonos. It is really frustrating and hope someone got a solution..

I would get in touch with Sonos (since they make and release the Spotify app for Sonos), I have a feeling this might be down to licensing of how the Spotify application is allowed to be used on those platforms. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response. I dont think it is related to Sonos but more that Spotify is not present in the Dominican Republic and that is why it doesnt show up. Im currently in Scotland and here Spotify is back... I cant change the country in Spotify as the DR is not there...

I am aware of that, but with Spotify Premium there is no restriction on where you can listen - which makes me think that the country where Sonos allow Spotify to be added might be controlled by them rather than Spotify. If you add Spotify to your Sonos in Scotland and then go back to DR does it continue to work?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had the same Problem  you have to change the country it worked for md

m.o.razeen

I had the same problem you have to change the country it worked for md

m.o.razeen

hi you have change the country it worked for me fine

m.o.razeen

How do you do that

Suggested posts