Spotify Search no longer working on Onkyo CR-N755

2 people liked this

Spotify Search no longer working on Onkyo CR-N755

Festival Fanatic
‎2016-02-11 04:25 PM

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with the Spotify search function via their Onkyo CR-N755 unit? I noticed it had been a bit hit-and-miss over the last week or so, but doesn't seem to be working at all at the moment.

I can play stuff that I've previously Starred or Created Playlist for, but can't search.

I've tried rebooting everything, uninstalling the app, logging out and back in to Spotify cia the unit, all without luck.

Anyone else?

Kevin

21 Replies
1 person liked this

Re: Spotify Search no longer working on Onkyo CR-N755

Roadie
‎2016-02-11 04:51 PM
Same Issue on my TX-NR509. Search dosent work anymore...Please fix it!
1 person liked this

Festival Fanatic
‎2016-02-11 07:05 PM
Glad it's not just me! Just remembered I have another onkyo device on a different router and broadband connection. Will try that later.
1 person liked this

Gig Goer
‎2016-02-11 07:14 PM
Also having searching issues with my Logitech Duet
1 person liked this

Concert Regular
‎2016-02-12 03:15 PM

I have same problem on my Maranzt NR1603 receiver. So it doesn't seem to be manufacturer spesific problem.

Music Fan
‎2016-02-12 11:19 PM
same problems on Onkyo TX 609 and Rune Audio on RasPi2

Gig Goer
‎2016-02-12 11:59 PM

Roku Search issue thread mentions Spotify has deprecated their Metadata API, so it's affecting a lot of systems.

Thankfully, I can access Artists, Albums, Tracks and Playlists. Completely unable to search, though. Adding new albums and tracks via similar artists, although, that won't work for new artists  in a lot of cases. 

Bedroom Songwriter
‎2016-02-13 01:32 PM

how long will the issue be there?

Festival Fanatic
‎2016-02-13 04:57 PM
I've been speaking to Spotify cares via twitter. They say their engineers are "working on it", but I can't help thinking they're just fobbing me off. If they've deprecated the api that a lot of these systems use, presumably they were aware of the impact it would have. Has anyone else spoken to Spotify about it?
1 person liked this

Concert Regular
‎2016-02-13 05:06 PM

I got Onkyo tech on a call who duplicated it in his lab but seemed to have no prior knowledge of the issue. He promised me a call back when he gets more info...It's on both my Onkyo receivers...so not just you. I thought I was going nuts for a minute..

SUGGESTED POSTS