Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify, can you acknowledge long-standing issue: constantly loses connection to Chromecast Audio

Spotify, can you acknowledge long-standing issue: constantly loses connection to Chromecast Audio

I've had a Chromecast Audio for around 3 months, and the entire time I've had the same issues that makes it annoying to listen to music.

The problem can easily be described as such:

- I open spotify and find Chromecast under available devices. I connect without problems (which takes way too long, considering what happens next) and the song eventually starts playing.

- After a song or two, I pick up my phone and unlock it. Spotify says it's connected to my Chromecast, but when I try to use the controls nothing happens. The chromecast keeps playing as if nothing has changed, and after a few seconds spotify may or may not appear disconnected again.

- While Spotify is disconnected I can check the Google Home app, and it shows the correct information about the song it's casting and I can control (rudimentary) volume and play/pause as always.

- I reconnect a second time, and this time it's usually a little more stable.

It's terribly unreliable, very annoying, and it hasn't changed in the last 3 months.

I can't find a Spotify employee acknowledging this issue anywhere on the forum, despite at least 2 previous topics on it.

Why does it keep dropping out, and what is being done to address the issue?

1 Reply

OK, I finally found a fresh topic where Spotify addresses the issue

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Spotify-to-Chromecast-paused-casting-problem-once-mo...

Or do they? I now have zero hope that Spotify will ever work with Chromecast. I'm so done with this bull

Suggested posts