Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify connect doesn't sync with connection - windows phone

Spotify connect doesn't sync with connection - windows phone

I have some songs that are on my PC that I want to play through my phone via spotify. I wanted to sync these files to my phone by plugging it in. Spotify, however, doesn't recognize my windows phone under "devices" despite it being connected and playing a song.

4 Replies

Hey @justincase858,

I assume these are local files, correct? And you do have Spotify installed on your PC as well as your phone? If this is the case, then unfortunately that's not possible. This Spotify Support article explains why: "Note: You’re not able to play local files with Connect." I would reccomend copying them over through Windows Explorer, then playing them through the music app on your phone.

Hope this helps!

gryffyn

Was my response helpful?
Please like it and accept it as a solution 🙂

@justincase858,

In addition to @gryffyn's point about not being able to play local files over Connect, you are able to sync local files from your computer to your phone. Check out more info here: https://support.spotify.com/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

Please let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

syncing is what I am asking to do. That article does not list Windows Phone app, is that the reason I cannot do it?

@justincase858,

Ah, yes, the Windows Phone app has been "discontinued" in that it no longer receives official support or updates, as far as I'm aware.

Suggested posts