Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch personal playlist to artist playlist

Solved!

Switch personal playlist to artist playlist

Hey Folks,

I'm creating a playlist in my personal account: Jasper Kuipers

Im planning to keep this updated on a daily basis for a very long time

However, i got some releases comming up, which will be released as artist: Jason Quake.

Is there a way to transfer the playlist, including its followers to my artist account?
or will this happen automaticly

I dont want to lose the current amount of followers that have shown faith in me already.

Please let me know!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jonathanharder,

That's because they've been verified before the new Spotify for Artists platform had launched. Artists who've been verified before that have got their user profile merged with their artist page.

User profiles and artist pages are no longer being merged because it's now possible to verify an artist page, featuring a playlist on it, uploading an artist image and setting an artist pick using Spotify for Artists.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Hey @JasonQuake,

Spotify for Artists makes it easy to post artist playlists to your profile. Starting in early May, you’ll be able to add and remove playlists by going to Profile in your Spotify for Artists account. To create and edit playlists, you’ll need to use Spotify.

Here’s how it works:

• Create a new playlist in Spotify.
  • Build your playlist by adding songs.
  • When you’re ready to post the playlist to your profile, open Spotify for Artists.
  • Go to Profile, click the + under Artist Playlists, and choose your new playlist.
  • To remove a playlist from your profile, go to Profile and click the X next to the playlist.

When you create and edit new artist playlists in Spotify, make sure you’re logged in to the account you used to get access to Spotify for Artists.

If you don't have access to Spotify for Artists yet, you will be able to request access at  https://artists.spotify.com/c/access. I don't think it's possible to transfer over the existing playlist followers of your playlists.

MaximSpotify Star

@Maxim wrote:

I don't think it's possible to transfer over the existing playlist followers of your playlists.

Is there someone who can verify this?
I need to be sure that my followers can be transferred as well, otherwise all my marketing efforts will be worthless once I repost the list on my artist account

Hey @JasonQuake

This answer is directly from the Spotify for Artists website here:

https://artists.spotify.com/faq/profile#how-do-i-post-an-artist-playlist-to-my-profile

I suggest to check out that website for more answers. There used to be a different way to get playlists on the artist page, but this new way is much easier.

It's not really reposting the playlist to the artist page. It's more of featuring the playlist. You still have the followers and you still access the playlsit the same way.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Okay i will review the full page tonight, Thanks!

So with

@MattSuda wrote:

you still have the followers and you still access the playlsit the same way.

You are absolutely certain that nothing gets lost on the way. Im asking again, because the answer above stated the exact same method. But was uncertain if every follower was preserved

I'm curious to know this as well because I've now added one of my personal playlists to my artist profile 'Runge' so it appears on the artist page.

But when I want to share the playlist on for example Facebook it's still using my full name (from my personal profile) in the title field of that post which makes it look like I'm sharing a personal playlist and not an artist playlist...

that's the exact problem I'm trying to solve as well. The Playlist is featured on my page but still links to my personal account in the description...anyone know how to fix this? thanks in advance!

Hey @jonathanharder,

This is expected behaviour at the moment. I don't know if the feature's going to be changed anytime soon. Feel free to pass any feedback about this to the Spotify Artists team via this form: https://artists.spotify.com/contact

MaximSpotify Star

ok thanks. Although I have seen playlists that say "created by *name of artist*". And I am wondering how that works? I am not transferring followers or anything. I wanna create a new playlist for my artist account. thanks @maxim

Marked as solution

@jonathanharder,

That's because they've been verified before the new Spotify for Artists platform had launched. Artists who've been verified before that have got their user profile merged with their artist page.

User profiles and artist pages are no longer being merged because it's now possible to verify an artist page, featuring a playlist on it, uploading an artist image and setting an artist pick using Spotify for Artists.

MaximSpotify Star

got it. thanks a lot!

This does seems disappointing. One of the main reasons I signed up for an artist account was so that I could share the music that inspires me (as a fairly anonymous artist) with my fans easily, but having carefuly curated a playlist I see that it now shares my name and personal account along with it, so I won't be creating/sharing any playlists. 

Is there anywhere we could vote for this feature? Like a 'display playlist created by: artist/personal' feature?

Thanks

Hey @mash777,

Sure, just create an Idea at https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/ideas_submissions and maybe you'll get some support from other artists who would like to see the same feature implemented 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Yeah that would be great. If you create the idea I will totally support it and get my artist friends to do it, too!

I am having the same problem I am a verified artist. But I cannot make a playlist as an artist. It shows my username instead. This needs to be solved/ammended pretty quickly!

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 19.51.46.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 19.51.55.png

I'm having the same issue. This there a solution to this yet? Very frustrating. I just got verified as an artist too and wanted to drive my fans to my artist page. I don't really want to be sharing playlists from my personal spotify.

This is a very obvious oversight on Spotify's behalf!

I've created a playlist on my personal account but when I go to search for it through my Artist Profile which is connected to that account it doesn't show up. Any thoughts? Does it take time for it to recognize it? The playlist is public. 

Thanks!

Hey there,

you need to add the playlist to your artist profile through Spotify for artists. If you can’t find the playlist by the name you can just type the URL into the field where the name goes.

Regards, Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan! 

Typing in the url did it. 

Brendan

Suggested posts