Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Spotify mobile app playback halting all the time

[Symbian] Spotify mobile app playback halting all the time

I have had problems with the Spotify mobile app since the day one.

The problem is in the playback, it's halting all the time and I can't listen to any song without interruptions.

I have a fast connection (WiFi/ADSL) and I have set the bandwidth from the Spotify mobile app to low, just to be sure this is not a network problem. I have also uninstalled the app several times and installed it again, to be sure there hasn't been any updates which would fix the problem.

This is very frustrating and has made it impossible to use the mobile app which is actually the reason I bought the Premium service. My device is Nokia E7, system Belle.

How could I get the playback working??

3 Replies

I am also interested in running Spotify on Belle. My problem is similar to lintujussi's : it plays at most 2 songs in a row, but most often it halts, freezes or crashes after playing only a single one. On- or offline mode, WiFi or 3G does not matter. Not very useful.

I asked the customer support if there were any plans for updating the client and make it work on my Nokia 808 Pureview.

I explained that I've tried factory reset, application reinstall and formatting the phones memory but did not help in improving the Spotify experience.

I got this answer (2013-03-05):

"...I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with Spotify on your Symbian. The troubleshooting for Symbian is a bit limited unfortunately.

If you have already tried a factory reset and a reinstallation of the app without success, I recommend that you check our forum, the Spotify Community, for further tips from other users or members of staff. You can share your feedback there as well (http://community.spotify.com/).

If there is anything else I can help you with, please get back in touch.

..."

I have the same issue and can't find an answer anywhere on here. 
I'm probably just going to uninstall this spotify app and go back to iTunes.

Update:  As I described in my previous post I've tried reinstalling the app with and without factory reset and memory formatting without any luck.

After writing that post I did a final attempt with a reinstall of Spotify from a fresh download from the Nokia Store (a clean install, but without any factory reset or memory format) and suddenly the app started working as intended. So I can confirm that the app is actually working on a Nokia 808 PureView with Symbian Belle FP2 (v113.010.1507).

I have used the app a couple of hours since on both 3G and WiFi, and it has worked flawless. The GUI is a bit awkward, but that is another story.

Suggested posts