Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Spotify on Symbian Belle?

[Symbian] Spotify on Symbian Belle?

Hey Guys,

in the moment i use my Nokia 5230 for listening with Spotify. All function without any problems. But now i want to buy me an new phone. An Symbian Belle, the question now is. Work the App also on Belle? Had someine tried that?

Thank you 😄

10 Replies

I also want to know if Spotify works on Symbian Belle on Nokia N8?
It is my most used app, so I don't want to update my phone until I'm sure Spotify will work.
Please Spotify, just tell us Yes or No!

I can confirm that Spotify works fine on my Nokia N8 with Belle. I needed to reinitialize the device before It worked.

Hi All

I have a Nokia C7 with Software Belle on and this doesn't work,  I have uninstalled the Spotify app 3 times and it still comes up with Username or password is incorrect even though it is. Software works ok on my Pc. Also my partner has a Nokia N8 which does the same thing she also has the Belle software installed.

Any Help people please

Cheers

Spenglas

Hi Chrisvp ,

I do hope you are right!

Could you explain what you mean by reinitialise the device, please?

Jurek

Jurek,

I did a factory reset with *#7370#, this put the phone in his original state. Be aware that the internal storage will be formated.

Then I've installed spotify, created a new device password and everything works now.

This was post I did 3 weeks ago in another topic.

Since then everything runs flawless.

Chris

Hey Chrisvp, this is great, thank you!
Some more questions if you don't mind...
When you say the internal storage will
be formated, what does this affect?
Will I have to reinstall all my apps? Maps? Mail?
What about calendar, contacts, photos, music?
If any/all of these do get wiped, is there a way to backup and restore?
Jurek

Jurek,

Internal storage is the buildin storage of the Nokia N8 = 16GB

SD cards are not affected.

Reformat means an out of the box experience, hence this means everything will be wiped out, apps, mail, agenda and so on.

You can however make a backup through Nokia Suite and synchronize your data with nokia suite.

I've did both, however, I've only used the nokia suite synchronization tools to get data back and reinstalled all the apps needed.

If you prefer to restore your backup this will put your N8 completely into his previous state. Maybe also your original problem with the Spotify app.

Hope this helps

Great thanks it worked for me. My spotify client works now.

I use Spotify on my N8-Belle. But I keep loosing my local files (the music on the phone) all the time. I tried once to re-install the app and it worked for a while. But now they are gone again and can't get spotify to read the contents of my phone again. Re-installing from scratch is not an option for me because you loose all your synced playlists and need to sync them again. Without access to a WiFi that is a costly business. Unfortunately Spotify won't let me sync through my computers internet connection (with a USB cable), something that IMHO Spotify has missed completely!

Hi

I've only just seen your post.

I haven't upgraded to Belle because I was still afraid that I would lose Spotify, which I use every day!

I have the Nokia N8

What phone have you got?

Is Spotify still working?

Is Belle much better than Symbian version before Anna?

Cheers

Jurek

Suggested posts