Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Playlist Curator

Solved!

The Playlist Curator

With the constant evolution of how we listen to our music, I've begun to see a pattern emerging. It is widely known that there are multiple platforms to listen to music on, and each of these platforms offers a plethora of music to choose from. Choose being the key word here. How, why and when? With technology rapidly expediting our lives, sometimes taking a moment to build a playlist or just searching for new music can be relaxing and enjoyable for some. While others like myself do not know where to start. We all have a single goal in mind, to listen to music that changes your mood, disconnects you from reality and enriches your well-being. Giving you "that" feeling, like you’re a kid again and just pulled up at Disneyland. Recently, someone close to me began creating playlists for people who were in need of something new and different. There was no specific genre, style, or criteria. Just straight up good music. The result was impressive, the feedback was overwhelmingly positive. The person who created these playlists spent hours listening, searching and building perfection. Criticizing each song put into each playlist and its effectiveness really opened my eyes to how much effort went into building that playlist. Yeah, at the end of the day it's a playlist. But the way that playlist was created and the quality of the music packaged together was remarkable, it’s a talent. I realized how much I rely on a solid playlist to expose me to new, different music. Because without them, I'd still be listening to the same songs I was listening to 10 years ago, when the CD was a thing. I don't care about an artist built playlist, or a random algorithm generated playlist based off my listening history. I want new, old, different. It doesn’t matter, I am chasing that feeling. That feeling when the drop hits. I think others will agree, playlists built personally by people like you and I is something of interest. I love the idea of “following” playlist curator(s), to get my dose of fresh music. There is definitely talent out there, and I believe it takes a special type of person to create a playlist that is pleasing to all ears. Our lives are moving faster every day, I sincerely believe there is an emerging need for playlist curators.

Cheers

-Jeff

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It is sad when someone uses another person's story as a pretext to talk about themselves.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey there @JY00, thanks for your contribution! 

Great inspirational post!

I also think the playlist curators need more attention in Spotify, and the most important, their playlists to be found by other users. In other words, Discover section for playlists by users! I've submitted similar idea here, you can add your vote and comments there in support, if you have the same in mind? 

Thanks!

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I read this and this is so true. This sounds like the most perfect thing for me.

Hi, Martin! Great idea on the discover playlist idea. I saw in a previous post you asked about kids explicit lyrics blocking. Why not music for kids that sounds like music for adults that you don't have to worry about explicit lyrics at all? Check out "kidsBeat" by Matthew Valcourt. https://open.spotify.com/album/4KBzNu0dkxRlfjZWAHGwMo
Marked as solution

It is sad when someone uses another person's story as a pretext to talk about themselves.

Any curators looking for a new artist to checkout stream my latest releases on my arist page. Any support is much appreciated if you enjoy the music follow me and I will do the same.

Thanks,

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7F1CYrJU8T5YvmqosFhvqP

No Sleep

Hey Jeff, enjoyed your post.

I have the opposite problem - I'm constantly making new playlists, but have problems finding people who are receptive to new music. Too many are stuck in one genre or one decade. I haven't quite figured out how to find that audience.

Spotify had some rudimentary social features, but they got completely scrapped. There's Facebook groups out there, websites like playlists.net and forums like this one. But it's hard to stand out, and near impossible to manage or get good feedback. Any suggestions?

Here a few of my playlists. No specific genre, just new music.
2017 New & Awesome

spotify:user:siricey:playlist:6ibEZWmuoDrkwwGQqGubYQ

2017 New - October

spotify:user:siricey:playlist:1mX3oommzkMolx8OsBTkbv

2016 New & Amazing

spotify:user:siricey:playlist:4FUYUcfCX6MhCp3ojGaOnh

(Accidentally answered twice. These forums are confusing. Further proving my point)

Here's something original Maybe you can find a place for it

https://open.spotify.com/track/4iOyjhzdJbFQaQCYmyP6DL

Suggested posts