[WP 8.0] Is Spotify app or alternatives available?

Solved!
53 people liked this

[WP 8.0] Is Spotify app or alternatives available?

Edited
Festival Fanatic
‎2012-09-28 09:50 AM

So, Windows Phone 8 is around the corner and a lot of people are interested in those phones. I really hope Spotify will get a grip and start developing a *working* Spotify for this OS. Otherwise a lot of consumers like me will switch to either Nokia Music or Zune.

I really like Spotify but it seems it just don't work on Windows Phone as it is now.

6 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
7 people liked this

Re: [WP 8.0] Is Spotify app or alternatives available?

Gig Goer
‎2013-01-06 03:52 PM

SPOTIFY - PULL YOUR FINGER OUT BEFORE YOU LOOSE US ALL

- Every Week that passes i become more annoyed that this great service is still missing from the great windows phone 8 platform!

So today i Tried DEEZER.....

and i have to say i am rather impressed...

1/ Download the DEEZER app from the store or at www.deezer.com

2/ Go to http://spotizr.com/

3/ Get your play lists and right click to get the HTTP link

4/ Paste link into that site

5/ sign in and the program goes off and fetches the track or an equivilant from the deezer library and then is available to play on the deezer platform...

its just as good!

1 person liked this

Community Legend
‎2013-02-08 04:57 PM

Direct link to Windows Store is here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Downloaded the Beta!

Concert VIP
‎2013-02-08 05:07 PM

Thanks @hammeh!  Downloaded the beta on my Nokia Lumia 920.  It does indeed work.  Appears to be the exact same app as the one that works on my wife's Win 7.5 device, but with support for the larger screen size on the 920.  

Missing is scrobbling to last.fm, controls for swiching social on & off, and behaviour when multitasking is a bit wonky, but I'll absolutely take it over no Spotify.  Finally - I have tunes in my car again!

1 person liked this

Re: Downloaded the Beta!

Community Legend
‎2013-02-08 05:09 PM

Official Announcement is here!

Bug reports go in this topic anything that is missing, suggest on the Ideas Exchange here (be sure to search first)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Re: Downloaded the Beta!

Concert Regular
‎2013-02-08 05:38 PM

Upgrade to Spotify Premium (Telekom DE)! Thanks!

It works very fine! Lumia 920!

2 people liked this

Spotify
‎2013-02-08 06:44 PM
Glad you're all enjoying the app guys - we've been itching (quite literally) to get it out to you.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
678 Replies
7 people liked this

Re: Windows Phone 8

Edited
Community Legend
‎2012-09-28 11:42 AM

The Spotify is great company, however they need to improve a Windows Phone app a lot befere they can advertise it... I think the main reason why this app is so unknown, Spotify not advertising it on blog... They just know no need to ads because the app is generally very bad.

Dancecore streaming everywhere with unlimited 2M/2M mobile 3G network.
11 people liked this

Festival Fanatic
‎2012-09-28 11:45 AM

The problem is that current version was not even built by Spotify. It was built by a guy at Microsoft.

The need to spend time and make an app on their own and even utilize features of Windows Phone 8 like native code.

14 people liked this

Festival Fanatic
‎2012-10-25 12:15 PM

Just wanted to add my 2p's to this thread. I'll be honest with you all: the Windows Phone Spotify app seems to have been fine for me. Sure, it's slow to launch and if you pause a track when you're outside the app, you seem to lose the track from the system's player (and have to go all the way back in and find what you were listening to again), but generally it's been OK.

However, I'm now using Windows Phone 8, and the Spotify app is nowhere to be seen on the Microsoft Store from a WP8 device. We know WP7.5 apps can run on Windows Phone 8, so why isn't it showing up?

If you're not going to do any more development work on Spotify for WP, at least make sure what you've currently got is available to download on the next-gen platform. 

Thanks

Craig

11 people liked this

Festival Fanatic
‎2012-10-25 12:21 PM

I think it does not matter so much to me anymore. I will buy one of the new Nokia Windows Phone and then I can choose from either Nokia Music or the new Xbox Music.

Spotify needs to shape up and understand that one spotify client will work on Windows Phone and with very little work also on WinRT which means Windows 8 system.

5 people liked this

Local Talent
‎2012-10-25 08:00 PM

And if you're on it, just fix the bugs and add 320 kbit/s support to windows phone :)

9 people liked this

Festival Fanatic
‎2012-10-29 02:18 PM

For reference, the Rdio app works on Windows Phone 8, and their selection seems pretty good. Priced on par with Spotify. Suggest we protest by taking our business elsewhere until Spotify can make their client available for WP8...

3 people liked this

Local Talent
‎2012-10-29 06:14 PM

So, the windows phone 8 presentation was running up to now.

Many many people will buy these phones,  because they look great and the app market is growing with a higher speed than any other market was at that stage. 

Any plans about updating now, spotify?

2 people liked this

Concert Regular
‎2012-10-31 01:10 PM

Fix Spotify on WP 7.5/8 and release one to work with WP 8, as soon as possible. 

I am willing to wait a little bit, but I will sure check out other alternatives if it's not going to happen before christmas. 

It's not like I am going to pay for something you actually don't do! 

2 people liked this

Local Talent
‎2012-10-31 01:35 PM

anybody can see the app in market? me not.

SUGGESTED POSTS